Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: News on progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
zero2 Wrote:congratulations....a leak information Tongue j/k
Not really a leek as the mastermind could go underground in Whiteboy's rules version 1.0.

Zerohour

ok ok i give in
whiteboy's it is
i was only convinced cuz i saw
whiteboy's signature image
it's hot props
subteranean mastermind, whoa thats crazy, you would have to weaken it
a regular mastermind is a pain in the arse itself
making a subteranean one, hmm now that i think about it leave it
it has never been put into a mod before
could add an exlusive aspect to your mod whiteboy
and make the AI more difficult to beat
Subterranean is buggy, but a great addition to any mod. And besides, the Allieds and Soviets get new powerful additions too.
For the record, the subterranean units in the mod are the Mastermind (Yuri), the Subterranean War Miner (Soviets), and the Doomsday Devastator Tank (Soviets). The Allied Battle Fortress used to be able to go underground, but I discovered this made it overpowered, unless I made it into a high-tech unit - but I wanted to keep this at the medium tech level.

I did have a pavement planned for 1.5 but it doesn't seem to work correctly in the mod. Unless I can get some input from Blade about this, there won't be a pavement. It just won't work the same way as the TS one at the moment, and it could be impossible to correct this without doing drastic things.

@Zerohour: I hear ya. Still, I changed the Mastermind's armour - it's a bit easier to kill now. It also cannot move into the shroud. And yyou'll be glad to know that the AI is already harder to beat now (just ask some testers), and I haven't even started on making the AI use the new units yet...

One new "system" that this mod has is an "emergency transformation" kind of thing. Basically, the three Battle Labs can deploy into a Prism Tank, an Apocalypse, and a Mastermind (for Allies, Soviets and Yuri respectively). If you sell a battle lab, you'll also get the unit. Further, those tanks can deploy into a Prism Tower, a Tesla Coil, and a Psychic Tower respectively. So the order is Battle Lab > tank > base defence, in that order and never going backwards. It's an emergency measure to use, say, if your Battle Lab is about to be destroyed, or if you want to place a Prism Tower right inside an enemy's base, or if your Mastermind is about to explode due to MC'ing too many things (so you can repair it in Psychic Tower form).

Does this system sound good - yay or nay?
Sound very good. I like it! Uh huh! :biggrin:
LOL Almost avrything mentioned in this forem topic (note that I said almost) is already implemented in version 1.0
IE:

Emergency Tank deplying from Battle Lab
Some Tanks deplying into Base defences
The Subterianen units
And some more but I can't be bothered to read this entier topic AGAIN.

But the good new is almost all the stuff that was in version 1.0 now has better SHPs/Voxals, and soon to be Cameos. :biggrin:
There shouldn't be IE's unless something in the coding is wrong. Cannis' Mole Machine doesn't cause IE's. And deploying into base defences, that's a little bit harder since you'd have to figure out which way the vehicle faces to deploy (the MCV turns before deploying). And the Battle Lab into Vehicle thing, I'm not too sure you can actually "get" it when you sell it.
Sorry I didn't mean Internal Error, when I said IE it should have said I.E.

Zerohour

whoa thats so kewl white
so many new combos with a prism rush van now be used
trust me i plugged and played that prism tank deploy into prism tower idea
before and does it kick arse, oh yeah
props
lol IE
wat is dat in latin again?
What? I have no idea of what you are talking about...
Whatsup yall, is there a new beta out David?
@Tom: yes, there may be many things that were already in V1.0, but this time around they are more refined. I.e. the first mod version had the Tesla Tank deploying into a Tesla Coil, and NOT the Apocalypse Tank.

@Wrath: the Battle Lab turning into a vehicle - and the vehicle turning the right way - don't worry, it works flawlessely. Glad you like this system, it's staying!

I edited zerohour's post to make it a bit more understandable by the way, Wrath. Sorry Zerohour, but it had to be done Tongue

@Dark-Assasin: I feel naked when people on the internet call me by my real name... heh. No, there's no new Beta, but a mod version was sent to HopalongTom and RomanPankov, for testing the campaign mode. Campaign testing was successful, with only a few minor issues. Issues that I may as well never tell anyone, because they are so minor. There may not even be a new Beta since the mod's so near to completion, but just in case, I'm probably going to send the mod to a very few select people for final testing.
Whiteboy Wrote:I.e. the first mod version had the Tesla Tank deploying into a Tesla Coil, and NOT the Apocalypse Tank.
Really I didn't notice the Apocalypse's ability to deply but I did notice what you did to the Tesla Tank for a while I didn't know what it did but I did find out before the end of the campagn so I could make use of it.

P.S. Sorry guys I'm NOT leaking on what it has been done to the testla tank.

YuriRuler90

Yes you are.

ASSASSINATE HIM BEFORE HE TELLS OUR SECRETS! Tongue
It's too late. All secrets have been told. ALL SECRETS. There is nothing more to know. NOTHING. Move along now...

Well actually I don't consider anything to be an actual "secret" as such. Just things about the mod that people may not know yet. That's all. As to what the Tesla Tank does? Hmm, I can't be bothered telling, maybe I will consider this a secret Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26