Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: News on progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
(That picture loading technique is really retarded. You are assuming* I actually want to see all those pictures, in which case you should just give me text links to them so I can open them as I choose instead of shoving them all at once down my throat. Of course, there's this nice concept called "thumbnails"...

*Oh, let's not forget, when you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME. Tongue )

Screenie #1: I hope your naval structures have been edited afterwards to have animated ripples under them. As well as some reasonable surface to sit on.

#10: Those planes overlap so badly...

#all: As proven by the ever so popular "Lights Out" modes, global lighting is bad.

Also, what is your site doing poping up "Free Survey, take it, you don't even have to return it..." windows? :glare:
#1: What naval structures are you talking about? I don't see any. :rock:
#10: Yep.
All: Global lighting messes up the battlefield. If you really want to implement it, take it off of the Slave Miner and add it to every single non-mobile structure.
Ack, I was thinking of #2. Tech Power Plant and Statue of Liberty.
Hmm, off-topic posting, those posts should ideally be in the screenshots topic...

Anyway, what a pain. Time to spank that little monkey: DCoder Big Grin

Most screenshots are very old... the Naval Power Plant has been replaced by the Temporal Powersphere and Naval Temporal Powersphere. Liberty can no longer be placed on water. The Surveilance Post and perhaps the Naval Temporal Powersphere will have water ripples for the release version.

Lighting: I have recently made much less buildings emit light. Also, almost every skirmish mode has a "Lights Out" version. Further: if the player really wants to disable lights either because they don't like them or their computer cannot handle it (especially in campaign), they can set detail levels to low. In fact if their computer cannot handle lights the detail should be low anyway... in fact they should't even be playing YR with a PC that crappy... Side note: I actually like the lights. Gives the battlefield more... oomph. Lights also indicate a few things in this mod - it's not just random colours I chose (similar story with infantry garrison colours - they have a colour code)... Hence why the default is to have lights Tongue

The planes may overlap... but how can I possibly fix that? They are large voxels, so they will overlap. I'd use a smaller one but it's a great voxel and the only Eurofighter Typhoon one I could find. If the overlapping really affects player's ability to enjoy the mod, I feel deeply sorry for them (yes I know you don't care about it really DC Tongue).

Regarding picture loading and the ads on the site: it's Angelfire, there are ads. The loading... ok I'll explain... another day. My RSI has kicked in, I must go now...
Mini update: I've edited the Surveillance Post (lighthouse) base so that it sits on an artificial platform.

I've also finished Practice mode, well, maybe. The AI attacks very rarely, it never builds superweapons even if they are swtiched on, it never builds the Stealth Generator, it will not be as rich as it can get in other modes... this makes for a very relaxing game where the player is free to explore the mod.

However, the AI still uses paradrops. For now. When I figure out how to get around this, I will do what I can. But for now, I can see it's not going to be easy to stop the AI using paradrops without messing up other aspects of the mod...

Peace out.
Don't know that this possible in the AI.ini, but can you set a waypoint action on the paradrops into an area far from the players base? or into the AI 's base itself?

Of course if the user happened to build the base near that waypoint things wouldn't turn out...erm...great.

oh well a suggestion nonetheless...
Hmm, I'll see if it's possible to adjust the way the computer uses paradrops.

For Practice mode, I propose simply disabling paradrops entirely. This way, the AI cannot use them... but nor can the player... however, there seems to be no other way to stop the AI from using them in this game mode. Any other ways that exist would prevent the AI from building remotely high up the tech tree.

Or I could just keep paradrops in Practice mode, although poor YR players may have trouble fending them off, however much I have nerfed them since version 1.0.

Opinions are required - yay or nay to paradrops in Practice mode?
Yeh keep them in practise mode. Wink

Also as a Yuri player I found no diffulty in stopping a paradrop, and that was in meduim AI, I use 6 gattling tanks and 3 psi corp troopers to take out any paratroopers.

The only prob is when the AI use super weps on my troops while in my base, before dropping the paratroops.
Okay, you want to keep the Paradrops in Practice mode for the AI and the player. Anyone else care to give their opinion?

EDIT: Anotehr thing I could do is simply increase te hcharge time for all paradrops, for the AI and human players. The default is 7 minutes (which isn't long at all since most players play at high game speeds). I could increase that to 10 - 15 minutes.

Cylor

Whiteboy Wrote:Okay, you want to keep the Paradrops in Practice mode for the AI and the player. Anyone else care to give their opinion?

EDIT: Anotehr thing I could do is simply increase te hcharge time for all paradrops, for the AI and human players. The default is 7 minutes (which isn't long at all since most players play at high game speeds). I could increase that to 10 - 15 minutes.
Two things I'd like to point out, not being a modder having any personal stake in any of this, mind you.

1: If people want to improve their game, they can't do it by lowering the difficulty level. "Vanilla" YR is not a terribly hard game, and I'm very far from the world's best player.

2: Most people who get into the game enough where they'll actually go out and start looking for mods to play, are probably not going to be novice or beginner level players. They're going to be people who've played the unmodded game enough that they're starting to get bored and are looking for some new elements to add to the experience.
what ^ said...
Especially #2. That's the reason I came here. I was getting bored playing the campaigns and skirmishes against AI...
The reason Whiteboy added Practice mode is for you to learn every concept of his mod, since a lot of it is very confusing. He added lots of new units and abilities, that changes almost every strategy you may have had in YR. Practice mode isn't for you to play on, it's for you to learn the concepts.
However the point of most mods is indeed for the player who is bored of "average" YR or RA2...
Wrath Wrote:Practice mode is for you to learn every concept of his mod, since a lot of it is very confusing.
Isn't this like ... oh I don't know, masking the symptoms instead of healing the cause? :unsure:
DCoder Wrote:Isn't this like ... oh I don't know, masking the symptoms instead of healing the cause? :unsure:
Works for me Tongue .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26