Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: News on progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Hmm, good points Cylor. This makes me want to leave the paradrops in even moreso. However I have to tell you that simply lowering the difficulty level in WR won't be easy. It'll still be hard. That's why Practice mode exists - and in that mode you can set it to easy medium or hard - effectively having six difficulty levels for the AI in the mod. There's a huge difference between practice mode>easy and normal modes>hard.

@DCoder: It's nowhere near as complex as you may think, and it's far from the mess that I (sarcastically) told you it was Wink In fact I'd say it's pretty well-organised. You just have to know a few key things. I'll go ahead and list them...

In this mod, there are 3 main types of game mode. One is normal modes, one is Cross-Tech, and the other is Powers Divided.

Powers Divided makes countries more unique by adjusting the overall stats of each country, and each country also produces one thing at veteran level.

Normal modes are just that, normal. I.e., not Cross-Tech, and not Powers Divided.

Cross-Tech modes are like Unholy Alliance in a way. Basically, by teching up far, you can gain access to... everything. You have to tech up to Armageddon Engines, which cost 20,000 in this mode. If you do this, you will be able to build some country-specific units from the faction that the Armageddon Engine is from - and you will also get a certain MCV. For an Allied Armageddon Engine, you get a Yuri MCV, for a Soviet engine you get an Allied MCV, and for a Yuri engine you get a Soviet MCV.

In ALL modes, there is a structure called a "Reinforcements Beacon". This is treated as a superweapon - you can disable it. Building one will take ages - it costs 65,000(!). However, IF you manage to build one, you will have access to the "classified" WR units and structures. These are shared by all factions. They are powerful, and cost a lot to make. There is another way to get these classified things - a longer way. And that is by owning all three Armageddon Engines and all three Barracks etc... you could do this by capturing/finding MCVs in crates, but in Cross-Tech mode you would be able to build all three side's bases anyway.

See, simple.

...really, it is...

OK, I will admit though, WR is not a "play once for 5 seconds and never play again" kind of mod. It's a mod that you need to get into to fully enjoy. And Practice mode is great for doing that in a safe environment. Just watch, other mods will include a "Practice" mode somewhere down the line... Tongue
I use this mode for CNC Nuked, thanks by Whiteboy. ^_^
Quote:Just watch, other mods will include a "Practice" mode somewhere down the line... Tongue

"Somewhere down the line" seems to have come a lot sooner than y'all expected, heh.

No problem nucl34r14. And thanks for your "Mad AI mode" (which is called "Rebel AI in WR). I had almost forgot about that mode. This makes the total difficulty levels in the game 9, technically speaking...
So we have Practice mode for UTTER NOOOOOOOOBS and for testing on how to use the new stuff.

Rebel (MAD) AI for the BEST Command & conquer Generals (I mean players not the good but rubishy :suspect: EA game) around, and for the Suicidal.

And lots of fun/strange/cool/slightly altered modes inbetween.
Well, they way you put it may be a little crazy, but yeah.

I'll list it from easiest to hardest:

Practice mode with easy army
Practice mode with normal army
Practice mode with hard army

all other modes except Rebel AI with easy army
all other modes except Rebel AI with normal army
all other modes except Rebel AI with hard army

Rebel AI mode with easy army
Rebel AI mode with normal army
Rebel AI mode with hard army

Though its debatable that "all other modes except Rebel AI with hard army" is harder than
Rebel AI mode with easy army...

Still, Practice mode is far and away much easier than all other modes in the game, regardless of which difficulty you select for the AI.

(btw, editited last post for spelling error that confused me)
Just a quick update - the final list of game modes:

[Image: WRGameModes.png]

Of course, all the modes are clearly explained when the mouse hovers over them Wink

All of the Powers Divided modes are coded in now, but there are still one or two decisions to be made before I can say they are complete. See THIS post.

After those decisions are made, I will move on to planning the AI and doing some cameos... and I'd also like to say a HUGE thanks to Particle who has offered to help share the workload - he is doing what could be half of the required cameos! Tongue 2h34r:

darkmoonbeam

Lawl...nice list Wink tho im sure ive seen assualt somewhere else Tongue

Well yeah, I'll play TTA with ya later and on.
Well, using Assault mode is encouraged by it's creators. See HERE and click on "Mods in Development" -I have a right to use it Tongue

Yeah, play you at Triple Triad later. But no mention of that here, it's off-topic... Tongue 2h34r:
Alot of dang game modes. WB, send me the current version you got to my GMail account, mucho appreciato! Will try to get time to test it soon, I am catching the YR bug again, after some time away.
I'm actually inclined to send you it, since I can't say I'm looking forward to testing all these modes... they should all work of coruse. The only ones that need any testing are the PD modes and the CT: Powers Divided and CT: Lights Out modes (at the bottom of that list).

So, you up to it DA? Just keep in mind that this will not be a beta of any sort - just a small test, similar to when Roman and HopalongTom tested the campaigns. And no, the cameos still aren't changed from the last beta and there's no AI file made yet, heh. Tell me what you think.
I'll try to work on that. Whenever you need.
What about me? Can I test too? Tongue
I'd be willing to help out test the new game modes Wink ...
He says he only needs one, maybe two people. He will obviously choose Wrath Tongue
Hmm... if there's three people willing then I may as well just wait until I have the final Beta so you can see how the other mod aspects are. Or..not?

Hmm, well I suppose three people can test modes faster than one. There are three mode categories... you could split up and test just one category... I'll leave that up to you all to decide. OK, I'll PM you all once I have the last graphic coded into in the game Smile

@D-A: That's for the final Beta, not mode testing. And 3 is the perfect number actually Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26