Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: News on progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
That limit is 102. Thanks for offering help TF, but firstly, this is an AI problem and not a Rules (VehicleTypes) problem (my list is *perfect*!), and secondly, Particle is not working on it anymore. Well, come visit some other time [Image: wink.gif]
Your site is down, you know.
Yup, I know. DC will be fixing it - it's a muckup in the main index, and the servers where Ren's stuff is hosted are migrating. Should be fixed tomorrow. Thanks for your concern, CR [Image: wink.gif]

EDIT: I should probably mention, it's not an error with just my site, as I may have made it sound. It affects the RenProj forums too, and other things.
Quote:I should probably mention, it's not an error with just my site, as I may have made it sound. It affects the RenProj forums too, and other things.

Well back to the Angle-Fire site [Image: down.gif]
Wow, I didnt know CR was already back haha. No, it will be back up soon.
Uh.
The site's already back up. It just hasn't been fully restored - it will within the next few days.

Yep, Cannis is back - and has been for ages now, in one way or another...
NEWS UPDATE: Nucl34r14 says that he has completed the Allied AI - "definately".

Big props to him. Soviet AI and Yuri AI won't take as long, because they are already planned out [Image: smile.gif]
Quote:NEWS UPDATE: Nucl34r14 says that he has completed the Allied AI - "definately".

Big props to him. Soviet AI and Yuri AI won't take as long, because they are already planned out [Image: smile.gif]
W00t!
The soviet and yuri AI will not be a big problem compared to the Allied one. So I can say: about 1 week the AI should be done.

Maybe I add some new scripts to the AI, what they have never been done before [Image: wink.gif]
Why is the allied ai more complicated?
Allied units are usually geared towards one function for one unit, whereas Yuri and Soviet units can perform more than one fuction at a time.
I think there are also more Allied units than Soviet/Yuri units.
Hmm, true about there being more Allied units. They have more vehicles that the other sides - but only by 1 or 2. For the record, Yuri has a *lot* of new infantry (when you think about it, Yuri's army having the most infantry types makes perfect sense).

But the main reason the Allied AI is more difficult is their amphibious repairing unit (which we eventually declared not to work), the 2 stealth transports (the AI has problems using stealth transports with no weapons) and the fact that Nuke was warming up to doing the WR AI - after doing one side, it's always easier to do the rest since he's now more familiar with the way the mod works.

[/intelligent conversation]

I'll *have* to release a final beta - not just for AI testing - there is more testing required in the game modes - specifically, Survival and Powers Divided modes (I discovered recently that the money multiplier tags do not work X_X)
Always great news. Money multiplier? What does that mean [Image: tongue.gif]
Quote:I'll *have* to release a final beta - not just for AI testing - there is more testing required in the game modes - specifically, Survival and Powers Divided modes (I discovered recently that the money multiplier tags do not work X_X)
Really? Hmm... Strange. I always thought that they all worked. My bad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26