Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: News on progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Ooh, it's like Christmas all over again... wait, I only got deodorant and socks for Xmas. This is better.
lmao. I got clothes, deodarant pack(with cologne from Adidas) And some little "trinkets" for my room.
Newsflash: Cameos have made excellent progress, there are only 6 left to be done before I start coding them into the game.
need any help with those 6?
Nah, you've done enough for the mod Particle (9 cameos in case anyone is interested), don't worry about it Wink
What would 6 more hurt... Tongue
4 more now Tongue
Say, after the cameos are done, we need to touch up Powers Divided and Survival game modes. ^_^
Yeah, hmm, what changes does Powers Divided actually need? Keep in mind that it's already well embedded into the mod, and any changes I make now will be a pain to make... but still doable.

I've decided that I'll send out another Beta after I've done the cameos and Survival mode. This is so that people can test the powers Divided modes, maybe the campaign, Survival mode, and check for a bug that's really bugging me.

The bug usually occurs late-game (after building a lot of buildings), and what happens is the game just freezes, no Internal Error message. I am trying to pinpoint the exact moment the bug occurs so I can kill it. So far, I have a funny suspicion it's a sound effect caused by the Eurofighter Typhoon. However, the sound and unit code seem fine for that unit. Needs more testing.
Following-up the last post: the cameos are now finished (bar the one for MadHQ's Chrono Prison voxel) and just need to be put into the game.

Time to finish Survival mode, then I can get this beta out and you guys can hunt down that bug I mentioned...
Horay public BETA, now I need to upgrade this computer to Windows XP so I can install C&C First Decade so I can play the mod again.
Who says it's a public Beta?

But hey Tom, you've proved your testing ability before, so I guess you can test the upcoming one if you like. To find this "freezing with no IE" bug, the more testers the better.
Yay! I leave for a weekend and look what you get done... Tongue
RSI any better?
Particle - I really like your avatar and sig picture. I have seen Samus loads of times before in the Light Suit, but for some reason, in the forums here it just stands out. RSI is getting much better, but recovering will take lots of patience. I can still mod well enough though, as I proved to myself when I made about 20 cameos in 1.5 days Tongue

Speaking of which, the final cameo has been completed, and here it is, the Enforcer:

[Image: Enforcer.jpg]

Now, Wrath and I will finish the Survival game mode. The AI will be made. Then I will release the final, final Beta. Deadline for public release of mod is sometime in April.

When testing, main things to look out for are the freezing with no IE bug, compatibility with The First Decade YR (if you have it) and Powers Divided/Survival game modes, and campaign mode. DCoder has also discovered an Easter Egg in the Egypt campaign map... you basically place 3 tanks in specific locations and... something happens. I have no idea what. I'll give more details, including a pic, sooner to the release of the Beta. That is all Smile
i have First Decade so I can do that part of testing, I think the only probs with mods and FD are things that assume that Yr is in C:WestwoodRA2 like the Rock Patch does.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26