Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: News on progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Whiteboy Wrote:Heh, this is what the campaign was like in V1.0. In some missions, it was easier. But it some, it got insanely hard. the final Soviet mission comes to mind. Man, I had a lotta fun trying to beat that one. Reminded me of the last Soviet mission in RA1, only harder since the enemy has several powerful paradrops to use form the start. I wonder how that last mission plays in V1.5?
If you rember it was rock hard as well, but not because of the para-troopers but because the Psi Beacon's were almos inpossible to kill to save the Allied/Soviet Bases, but you need to do that before you can even think about reaching the Fortress.
Ahhh, memories Big Grin (hey, it was almost FOUR years ago, I have the right to be nostalgic about it Wink)
So what is that easter egg. and I have always wondered, if there was an easter egg in the soviet mission where your in the land of the dinosaurs, like killing the one in the lake, or something on the far side of the map?
Guess he'll have to release the beta so we can find out...Hint...Hint... Tongue
Dark-Assasin Wrote:So what is that easter egg. and I have always wondered, if there was an easter egg in the soviet mission where your in the land of the dinosaurs, like killing the one in the lake, or something on the far side of the map?
Oh that one is easy, that was in the game to start with.

Just as you recive your troops at the start of mission 1, you will see one of the Amphibious transports is going slower to the edge, as soon as you get control zoom over to where the red blip in the water is (on the radar) and stop the transport from leaving.

If it is still alive when you capture the Time Machine, the Amphibious transport comes with you, take it out into the water (to avoid the Dinos) and there is an island in the top left hand corner, with a Dino on it, go on the island and text will apear on the screen, "Rexys stuck will you help him" when you get closer "Rexys you freind to the end" as long as you don't put him in the transpot he wll come back with you to regular time and stay with you for the rest of mission 1.

The Amphibouse Transport will stay stuck in the past so don't put Rexy in it.

This is in Yuri's Revenge with out the mod but it is easyer to do with it on.

In mods that makes the time machine reveal the whole map (Wr 1.0) you will get Rexy as soon as you go back in time.
Yep. That was how I actually discovered that Easter Egg. Didn't even know about it until I played WR. Tongue
Interesting...

Well the only reason the Time Machines revealed the entire map in 1.1 was because they were the same building as Armageddon Engines. In V1.5, they are just back to default Time Machines, and the Armageddon Engines are seperate from them. They also have new graphics.

An update: almost finished putting all new cameos into mod. There's about 30 new ones, so they all take time to organise...
Whiteboy Wrote:An update: almost finished putting all new cameos into mod. There's about 30 new ones, so they all take time to organise...
W00t! Tongue 2h34r:
Tom:
I didnt know that. Wow thats cool actually. So how many known Easter eggs are there, and what are they
I didn't discover many of them, since I always try to finish YR missions the "old-fashioned" way. But if Tanya dies on the first Allied mission, you get a whole bunch of Aircraft Carriers as reinforcements. Big Grin
Haha. I never knew that, I never got Tanya killed - it's good to fail sometimes though, to learn more.

Not really an easter egg, but if Boris dies on Soviet mission 1 before the time warp, you get him back after returning to the present (he comes out of the Barracks) and Zofia says something like "Comrade Boris, it is pleasant to see you again" and Boris says "Have I been gone somewhere, Comrade Zofia?", and Zofia follows up by saying "No, it is just good to see that you are well".
Yeh I did that once, I actually got him killed on purpose just to see what would happen Tongue
You sick man!
Heh. Boris is the best! Big Grin
Tanya was there from the first Red Alert and Volkov should have been in Ra2 like originally intended, instead of Boris but Yr2 will remedy this Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26