Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: News on progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
I have no idea why Tom said that. It didn't even look like a joke, which is what he intended it to be...
Update: Nucl34r14 reports that he has already finished the Allied AI! It's untested, so it probably will require some adjustment, but there ya go, progress people [Image: biggrin.gif]
Quote:Update: Nucl34r14 reports that he has already finished the Allied AI! It's untested, so it probably will require some adjustment, but there ya go, progress people [Image: biggrin.gif]

I'm willing to test the AI, I hope it won't be as insane as the Nuked AI.
I'm in too, (for both the beta and the AI testing...) but you already knew that... [Image: biggrin.gif]
Well, it's at such an early stage right now that I won't release a Beta for tests - just myself and Nuke are enough at the moment, until the AI is more complete.
How difficult/indepth are you going with the AI, is it just going to be "functional" with the new units/buildings, or is it gonna have "advanced" strategies to catch players off guard?
Quote:How difficult/indepth are you going with the AI, is it just going to be "functional" with the new units/buildings, or is it gonna have "advanced" strategies to catch players off guard?

Hopefully functional with easy and medium AI but advanced strategies with Bruatal AI.
Do not take Tom's replies as the "official word"... : putting aside his post, here's my reply:

The rules tweaks make the mod hard enough - so the main goal of the AI is simply to make the AI use the new mod units (it already uses the new buidings, with or without an AI file present). Nucl34r14 has already finished the Allied AI as I stated, and he's polishing it off a bit (there was a slight bug). He did a great job, it sends scarier atacks at you on harder difficulties, and it owned me with about 4 Nemesis Fighter-Bombers, when I wasn't expecting it...*shakes fist*

I'm currently preparing to send him info about the Soviet and Yuri sides - I just need to contact him. I haven't seen him for a while.
How come everyone who decides to do AI for this mod goes MIA?
That's what I'd like to know. Maybe they are eaten alive by anti-AI vampires? Well, at least Nuke's not missing. He's just... not as present as usual. The AI could theoretically be finished in a single day - he did the Allied AI withing an hour, probably less.
I tried but it didn't like me...I seriously coded something wrong. It would only build one thing constantly...
Maybe you can make a mod from that - "YR: OCD AI" xD
Quote:I tried but it didn't like me...I seriously coded something wrong. It would only build one thing constantly...

New easy AI all it does is build power plants [Image: lol.gif].
Quote:Maybe you can make a mod from that - "YR: OCD AI" xD
[Image: rolleyes.gif] It's in the alpha stages....

The Phiend

Quote:I tried but it didn't like me...I seriously coded something wrong. It would only build one thing constantly...
The AI just keeps building one type of vehicle or ship, maybe? If so, there's two things to check for in the VehicleTypes list:
  • No buildable units are numbered past 100 (I think it's a little past 100 actually, but I can't remember for sure so we'll just say 100)
  • Every vehicle is in the list (ie check for typos)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26