Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: News on progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Whiteboy Wrote:Particle - I really like your avatar and sig picture. I have seen Samus loads of times before in the Light Suit, but for some reason, in the forums here it just stands out.
one thing I noticed here, and my monitor may be going crazy but are the normals slightly off on the chrono prison? It looks really white to me in areas but that may be because they still haven't given me an antiglare screen yet!!

As Blaze_X and Synk have both kindly pointed out I seriously oversharpened it with photoshop and didn't save as high-res as I could have. Oh well. I may just go back to spidey or just create another one in a higher res...

Glad to hear that! I really want to play the mod more and more as I read this thread! I'm still up for beta testing Tongue !

On the egypt campaign is that a WS map or a modded map?
It's just a mission in the single player campaign. One where you rescue Einstein I think.

Hmm, the voxel looks fine to me, and the only part that looks quite white is the chronosphere-style dome thing at the back - but that's intentional. Would MadHQ ever make a mistake like that? Tongue

Thanks for offering to test again, Tom.
Whiteboy Wrote:Now, Wrath and I will finish the Survival game mode. The AI will be made. Then I will release the final, final Beta. Deadline for public release of mod is sometime in April.
Hehe, not so sure about the first part. You might need to do it by yourself (the coding). I guess I'll just be a checker/suggestor. All this coding gets to my head. Tongue
Nice cameo by, the way. Big Grin
Is that the same image as the magnetron when fired or is it modified?
So whats the easter egg on the desert campaign mode map? Is it an easter egg only in WBR version, or in both, or just YR?
I have noticed a bug in Wr for that leval, since Einstin chronos around the map insted of walking, the nighthawk can't land to pick him up, this means that the cut sean saying that the Psi Dominator will explode after you use it will not occurer, meaning you can use it as often as you want.

Also if you want the nighthawk to pickup Einstin just shoot down the nighthawk, and it will land on Einstin and the cut sean of him eing rescued will appear.
@Wrath: You WILL do all the code for me *cracks whip*

OK, maybe that won't work Tongue I'll code it, you can take a look at it and see if you could improve the balance somehow.

@Particle: I, uh, drew that blue beam actually. In-game, yes it uses the same blue beam but the weapon itself has a different effect.

@Dark-Assasin: Its in normal YR and WR.

@Tom: Thanks for finding this out. Two solutions: I can ignore it (it doesn't have a real negative effect on gameplay, does it?) or I can change Einstein's movement from Chrono to something else. I would not want to do that however - it would mean disrupting balance. I'd have to make a bunch of other changes to compensate.

Personally I'm not going to have a fit on that mission. What say you, good people of the WR forum?
Why don't you just edit the mission code so that he doesn't go teleporting around? :rock:

Whiteboy Wrote:@Wrath: You WILL do all the code for me *cracks whip*
:dry: Har, har. But before you pull the whip out I'd have an AK-47 or a Stinger waiting. :devil:
When you whip out your guns, I'll have my Lightsaber waiting :biggrin:

Well just having an edited version of the mission goes against the whole point in the method I use to make campaign mode work - to have as little edited campaign maps as possible in the mod. But it seems that no-one would care if I added on an extra 400KB to the mod.

OK, I will consider this "bug" to be worthy of fixing. Now, if it were the most serious problem in the whole campaign, I will fix it without hesitation. But as it stands, there may be similar oddities or maybe worse ones. If it turns out that things like this are on every campaign mission, it is not worth fixing since none are major and fixing them all would mean that the mod size will increase by an unnecessary amount.

Bit if it only affects a few missions, I may well fix them. Tom, I belive that the Allied London mission had some problem with the Yuri AI's Masterminds not surfacing? Clearly, more Campaign mode testing is required, and that will happen when the next Beta is reelased. Keep in mind though, that Campaign is not intended to be perfect. It's only barely functional; I made it available as an entertaining alternative to Skirmish mode, since normally, mods cause Campaign to not work. Campaign mode is merely a bonus.
[IMO],
There shouldn't be a need to "fix" all the little things that would otherwise go unnoticed by the normal player. Einstein only appears in at most 2 missions, other than certain cut scenes. I'd say leave it alone unless it breaks other things. It also keeps file size down for those few who are still on dialup.

[/IMO]
Sometimes it can be thought as a bonus the unlimited Dominator in that mission until the constant chronoing gets annoying.
Hmm, is it really THAT bad? Surely you can just finish the mission quickly?
Whiteboy Wrote:Hmm, is it really THAT bad? Surely you can just finish the mission quickly?
Its not that bad at all it allows for a fun extra for that leval, the only things bad about it is Einstine Gets Franticly Annoying, and it isn't suppost to happen like that, but as I said before, since Einstine trys to go exactly where the Nighthawk is it can't land so just shoot down the Nighthaw and he will enter it and the cutseen starts.
Yeah, but we all like the Psychic Dominator. Wink
OK, this has to be asked: how does Einstein enter a destroyed Nighthawk, especially considering it leaves no trace when it's destroyed? Does he just chrono over to where it crashed, and then magically disappear?

Heh, this is what the campaign was like in V1.0. In some missions, it was easier. But it some, it got insanely hard. the final Soviet mission comes to mind. Man, I had a lotta fun trying to beat that one. Reminded me of the last Soviet mission in RA1, only harder since the enemy has several powerful paradrops to use form the start. I wonder how that last mission plays in V1.5?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26