Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP 1.10 #0032
Wrong...
irc.gamernet.org#renproj Wrote:[2007-05-03 18:00:00] <pd> prepare for the "vk patch", or something like that
[2007-05-03 18:00:17] <pd> "3) Did you agree with me, that after my hard work, I can call it how I want?"
Now I can't locate any post saying this, which only suggests you discussed it over some different medium such as MSN, but does not invalidate the question. I'm sure pd will reply in more detail, but as far as I'm concerned, now you're just talking crap.

Edit: and unless pd retracts his demand, you'll have to comply with it.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Quote:I'm sure pd will reply in more detail
so we wait again...

Quote:Edit: and unless pd retracts his demand, you'll have to comply with it.
never
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

That was not a question.

Before I give any more comments, I will be waiting for another reply by CnCVK (private messages).
[Image: jsfml.png]
At the end who is PD?
Yes, he have started Rock Patch project in the begining of 2005.
But he resigned on 15.09.06 from patch.
This means what he no longer develop and manage it.
the first Rock Patch development period was finished.
The second period of Rock Patch starts with me.
I have different style of manage of project.
Currently I am a one, who is developing and manage a RP status.
Why should I listen PD?
It the same, if someone, yesterday registered on this forum, go and write - "hey, bitch, I don't want Rock Patch name, you must change it".

Possible, he want, that I have leaved this project, because he want to code it itself and he want work alone.
If so I won't irritate him, and go out from project.

@PD: However I don't read your message yet.

However, a lot of lie on RockPatch:Main now.

1) Page was updated by someone who hate me.
ModEnc should contain information from neutral side.
2)
Quote:constant fights over his coding
my coding style? did you see my code? in my opinion it rather good,
except sometimes I add some testing against bad values.
3)
Quote:t "[He] always test[s] only basic things; [he] assume[s] that other bugs will be found by [the] community."
...while PD rather rarely did a basic tests...
I only said honestly it, while PD have never done it.
4)
Quote:declared that a bug was only a bug if it actually triggered an Internal Error (which, logically, would have drastically reduced the number of "bugs" RPCE had)
very good trick - delete the end of sentence.
Original:
Bug - when you have IE or feature don't work as declared/described.
If something don't work as you want, this isn't bug.
Example in RP 1.10 - LaserSize tag. This only works if you set IsHouseColor=to yes.
This is because I design it so.
And I wrote about it in help. And I have a stupid "Bug" in BugTracker.
5)
Quote: but he did post an even stricter set of rules with the release of RP 1.10.
This just for RP 1.10 only - however each line have RP 1.10.
6)
Quote:he matter was "resolved"
No. This isn't resolved.
7)
Quote:n effort to keep down the negative comments about his work
there you find word "negative"?
Cool
Quote: trying to prohibit any further discussion of RockPatch
You can discus it with each other.
but don't ask/suggest about RP 1.10 with me.
I add BobingAbout to black list, because he directly ask me.
9)
Quote:elite modders
Who here is "elite modders"?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

PD is refraining from further discussion in public, I suggest you do the same.

However a whole post except some lines at the beginning about NON-PD actions.

about edit by 80.177.214.142 page "Rock Patch Main".
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Your information is wrong. That IP has never edited RockPatch:Main. As RockPatch:Main?action=history will tell you, the latest edit, which introduced all the stuff you complain about, was committed by Renegade, not an anonymous IP. How you got that IP is another question, since that IP is only used by Blade, who hasn't edited RP:Main at all.

As for my earlier post, I was referring to your introduction saying pd had no control over RP any more. Which is quite incorrect.

I'd say VK means RockPatch_Docs:Main.
In fact, this IP is listed in history. (http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/RockP...on=history).
However, this guy just changed What's new in Rock Patch Celebration Edition? into What's new in Rock Patch 1.10?.
A very bad change, oh yes.
But VK, this site contains inofficial content, so there's nothing to complain I'd say.
Oh, sorry I about Renegade of course.
About this page http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/RockP...ldid=13316.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:At the end who is PD?
But he resigned on 15.09.06 from patch.
the first Rock Patch development period was finished.
Why should I listen PD?
It the same, if someone, yesterday registered on this forum, go and write - "hey, bitch, I don't want Rock Patch name, you must change it".

Possible, he want, that I have leaved this project, because he want to code it itself and he want work alone.

@PD: However I don't read your message yet.

However, a lot of lie on RockPatch:Main now.

2)
3)
Quote:t "[He] always test[s] only basic things; [he] assume[s] that other bugs will be found by [the] community."

It isint your codes that is the problem imo. It is YOU! The asshole that you are, with your ugly attitude and the way you lead a patch, you want us to be your bitch.
And you call me stupid about the LaserSize bug, well I had no clue what you ment on the RP help becuse of your bad english. Again you treat your fans with no respect. Just thinking why the fuck did you make it only works with HouseColor=true anyway?

And fuck your blacklist delete it why do you have it anyway?
he said he blacklisted me, not you...
i think the "Bad coding style" isn't meant to mean your actual coding style, but the way you go around changing things, like changing a bunch of tags and breaking compatibility.

also, i think "TheMan" is having a hard time with your english, because he himself isn't english.

and the fact that biglaser only works with ishousecolor is a bit annoying...

oh, and the problem with you working with rockpatch, the name is still PDs. rename it and you can do whatever the hell you want, but while it still uses PDs name, he should have some say.

i say we should all just calm down and shut up untill VK and PD sort it out.
Four people now (pd, vk, me and now bob) have suggested pausing this discussion until pd and vk work it out. So.

Administrative Notice:

Stop the discussion for now.
Any further comments except from pd, vk or Ren before this issue is worked out, and I'll be forced to close this, at least temporarily.

CnCVK Wrote:At the end who is PD?
And that is the very point.

CnCVK Wrote:But he resigned on 15.09.06 from patch.
That is correct. But that's all it means - nothing more.

CnCVK Wrote:the first Rock Patch development period was finished.
Why should I listen PD?
No, because, as you yourself pointed out: "he have started Rock Patch project in the begining of 2005".

CnCVK Wrote:Possible, he want, that I have leaved this project, because he want to code it itself and he want work alone.
As you yourself pointed out: "The second period of Rock Patch starts with me. I have different style of manage of project. Currently I am a one, who is developing and manage a RP status." - he just wants you to change the name to reflect this change. Nothing more. Not to take over, not to change your style of code, your to do list, anything. He just wants VK's version of the patch to have a name from VK. Not one associated with pd.

CnCVK Wrote:However, a lot of lie on RockPatch:Main now.
Yeah...that's why there are all the links to the respective posts and threads... Rolling eyes

CnCVK Wrote:1) Page was updated by someone who hate me.
ModEnc should contain information from neutral side.
Three flaws right in the first point...good start! Big Grin 2
  1. I don't hate you, I hate the way you manage RockPatch and what you turned it into.
  2. Even if I did hate you, that wouldn't automatically mean the information presented was not neutral
  3. And you didn't prove the information added is not from a neutral POV (or even wrong) anyway.
CnCVK Wrote:2)
Are you denying people weren't happy about how you randomly changed flag names? Or that you just randomly drop features mid-cycle if you can't fix them? Or that you don't do any bigger bugtests before the release?

CnCVK Wrote:3)
Then your coding style must be much worse than you think it is...'cause as far as I remember, pd did not have to release bugfix over bugfix over bugfix version, and neither did people think of his versions as constantly and entirely bugridden.

CnCVK Wrote:4)
Quote:declared that a bug was only a bug if it actually triggered an Internal Error (which, logically, would have drastically reduced the number of "bugs" RPCE had)
very good trick - delete the end of sentence.
Original:
Bug - when you have IE or feature don't work as declared/described.
If something don't work as you want, this isn't bug.
Example in RP 1.10 - LaserSize tag. This only works if you set IsHouseColor=to yes.
This is because I design it so.
And I wrote about it in help. And I have a stupid "Bug" in BugTracker.
Very good trick - delete the beginning of the sentence.
Original:
"As a response, VK seemed to have planned "RP Project Rules", similar to the ones he uses for ETS, which, among other things, declared that a bug [...]".
I said you planned to do that, not that you did. Major difference. Not to mention that the other phrasing does the same, only covering your butt a little more - as we said back then, if something doesn't work, it doesn't work. No matter if you described how it doesn't work.
But, since I already said those were only plans, and since I linked to the original post (that link was in the part you conveniently cropped), your point is moot, anyway.
If it was a lie counterable by providing the original quote, I countered it myself already, in the very same revision.

CnCVK Wrote:5)
Quote: but he did post an even stricter set of rules with the release of RP 1.10.
This just for RP 1.10 only - however each line have RP 1.10.
So basically, you're saying that's a lie, but confirm it is true?
Yay for clear argumentation.

CnCVK Wrote:6)
Quote:he matter was "resolved"
No. This isn't resolved.
Really? Then how come 1.10 was released?

CnCVK Wrote:7)
Quote:n effort to keep down the negative comments about his work
there you find word "negative"?
Are you denying you wouldn't have tried to outlaw comments if everybody sat there saying "all hail VK, your code is good and we love you"?

CnCVK Wrote:Cool
Quote: trying to prohibit any further discussion of RockPatch
You can discus it with each other.
but don't ask/suggest about RP 1.10 with me.
What, again, was that? "NO COMMENTS ABOUT RP 1.10", in text size 5?

Anyway, what are they supposed to discuss, in complience with your rules?
They cannot complain about it, because that'd involve mentioning bugs, which, according to point #2, is forbidden, and, if the do something forbidden, the report will be ignored and they will be blacklisted.
So they could only comment on the good sides of RP - but "[you] DON'T need any comments about RP 1.10, except a bug reporting." - so they're not allowed to just randomly chit-chat either.
In addition, they're not allowed to write anything about it, if they haven't downloaded and used it - point #4.
But they're not allowed to use it at all, if they're not elite modders - point #6.

So basically, they can only discuss the page if they're elite modders who are totally happy with the patch and found no bug.
...and you're denying you're trying to block out negative commentary?

CnCVK Wrote:I add BobingAbout to black list, because he directly ask me.
Yes! Rightly so! A user of the patch asked the creator of the patch something about the patch! DAMN HIM!!! DAMN HIM TO HELL!!!

Rolling eyes

CnCVK Wrote:9)
Quote:elite modders
Who here is "elite modders"?
So, basically, you're implying no one here has the skill to count as an elite modder, and therefore, no one is allowed to use the patch and therefore no one is allowed to comment on it?
...and you're denying you're trying to block out any commentary?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Quote:It is YOU!
You are sure, what if you can develop RP, you will be better than me?

Quote:..and you're denying you're trying to block out negative commentary?
yes.

Quote:so they're not allowed to just randomly chit-chat either.
they can chit-chat with each other, but not with me.

Quote:A user of the patch asked the creator of the patch something about the patch!
I post a Warning message.

Quote:So, basically, you're implying no one here has the skill to count as an elite modder, and therefore, no one is allowed to use the patch and therefore no one is allowed to comment on it?
I asked: who here in your opinion elite modders?
Concrete names please and why think so.

Quote:Any further comments except from pd, vk or Ren before this issue is worked out, and I'll be forced to close this, at least temporarily.
And how this related with King Ren ?
I am current Rock Patch coder - PD is old coder, but who here King Ren?
Possible a honestly king, isn't it?

Quote:And you call me stupid about the LaserSize bug, well I had no clue what you ment on the RP help becuse of your bad english. Again you treat your fans with no respect. Just thinking why the fuck did you make it only works with HouseColor=true anyway?
I could not do do it at all, nobody can force me.
And the most interesting thing here:
If I didn't do it, I will have one question instead of dozen of posts like this.

Quote:oh, and the problem with you working with rockpatch, the name is still PDs. rename it and you can do whatever the hell you want, but while it still uses PDs name, he should have some say.
I will never rename the patch.

Quote:i say we should all just calm down and shut up untill VK and PD sort it out.
yes this is the best solution.
Also I stopped any distribution of RP 1.10.
I planned do it for RPCE too, but Speeder's MO 2.0b needs this.
So it still available.

Quote:As you yourself pointed out: "The second period of Rock Patch starts with me. I have different style of manage of project. Currently I am a one, who is developing and manage a RP status." - he just wants you to change the name to reflect this change. Nothing more. Not to take over, not to change your style of code, your to do list, anything. He just wants VK's version of the patch to have a name from VK. Not one associated with pd.
We can return to the first period end, using a small time shift.

Quote:I don't hate you, I hate the way you manage RockPatch and what you turned it into.
Why? For example I hate you Big Grin
Because you think that if you pay for the server, you can do anything here.
Compare you with Banshee for example.

Quote:and I'll be forced to close this, at least temporarily.
you should also suspend a bug tracker, because people will think, what nobody check the bugs.

BTW I discussed the fate of Rock Patch with some people.
All more worst than you think. PD's post can be a start of this.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!