Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is my building?!
Question 
Hi people!

I have a problem with my new building... It simply doesn't show in my build list. Wtf (disbelieving)

Ini file:

; Cabal Core
[CORE]
UIName=name:CORE
Name=Cabal Core
TechLevel=10
Prerequisite=TSGACNST
Strength=1200
Adjacent=2
Cost=4000
BuildCat=Tech
Nominal=yes
RadarInvisible=no
Points=200
Power=-400
Powered=yes
Armor=concrete
Owner=Russians,Africans,Confederation,Alliance,Arabs,YuriCountry,British,French,Germans,Americans
MaxDebris=25
MinDebris=15
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys
DamageSmokeOffset=-60,60,200
Warpable=no
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
AIBuildThis=yes
PowersUnit=DEFENDER
RevealToAll=yes
-------------------

I dont see anything wrong with it... I will use it in one gamemode and the building IS listed also in the normal rulesmd.ini file. Only few ini values changed for the gamemode.

Thanks in advance! Smile
well, i'd try to avoid a crazy structure name like CORE, and TSGACNST. this breaks the strict naming convention, you might end up having invisable graphics, however, i don't think that is the case with this.
in your game mode, are you sure you actually own TSGACNST? maybe you own something else, like GACNST?
First of, if you are pretty new to modding in YR, I would suggest using Tibed editor. It`s a lot easier to do art and ini work in it, and in my case - it`s fun to change stuff in mods like Deezire`s one (AI makes 4 War factories etc) Wink

But this is not going to be a comercial spam post, this is my first post on the forum and I should be very known that new user dont allways seems to get very welcommed if they scream out anything they want Tongue

Anyway, back topic, as the poster above says, avoid names that are like the one you have used, it`s will create problems sooner or later Smile
And a last question - can you tell anything about the building? I got curious about it Smile
WHAT THE FUCK?!
There is a reason nobody but you recommends TibEd here - we're trying to mod outside of n00b territory.

Don't do that again, or I'll be forced to invoke The 2nd Commandment.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
What is so weird about the name? All the new buildings have to have new names. Wtf (disbelieving)

And yes, TSGACNST is available building in this mod. It is actually the old GDI Construction Yard. Smile

I was thinking about the missing art too, but then the game would use the xxxicon, or something like that. Rolling eyes
And yes, I have tried TibEd few years ago. Then I decided, I go all the way with wordpad. Wink

Sorry for the double post. Shift eyes
the strict naming convention says that building artwork should be as follows.
#A*
where # can be G, N, Y or C. (or in a recent rockpatch, any of the 26 standard letters, i also use E, P, R, T(although i have forgotton why i chose T, if i were doing it now i'd use D.), and V)
and * can be anything, prefereably a 4 charactor mini-name in caps.
as a result the 2 mentioned structures should probably be named something like CACNST(because we already have GACNST, NACNST and YACNST, the C version is unused) or GAGCNST(i said prefereably 4 letters, doesn't mean it can't be 3 or 5.), and GACORE(or NACORE) for the other 1.

also note that the A in #A* is an alias, and reads upto 7 different graphic names. #G* for Generic, used of the other 1 its looking for isn't found, #A* for arctic art, #D* for desert etc.

if you are absolutly certain that you have TSGACNST and CORE is on the BuildingTypes list, and unavailable ingame, i have no idea why its not. post your TSGACNST code.
What you fail to see is that the first two letters of the name are significant...if they aren't [Side char][theatre char], you have a high chance of weird stuff happening, like the building only showing arctic artwork on all maps and stuff.

Edit: Bah, bob you cheater. That was my place in line. Tongue
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Sorry, wasn`t my intention to cause any harm.
Quote:#A*
not always...
see GTGCAN for example Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

that is 1 exception where they didn't want alternate arts to be used. i bet its because they were too lazy to try and code a theatre specific VXL for the turret.
Quote:i bet its because they were too lazy to try and code a theatre specific VXL for the turret.
1) Read comment before GTGCAN
2) "too lazy" - you lazier, I think Big Grin
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Toungue 
Sorry people, my mistake the whole thing. My gamemode's ini file was missing one letter, so the game did not use the gamemode file, which included the "CORE" building. Bang head against wall Sorry for taking ur time. Rolling eyes

Now works fine. Smile
The Very End Wrote:Sorry, wasn`t my intention to cause any harm.

GTFO. Mad
STFU.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
BrianPrime Wrote:
The Very End Wrote:Sorry, wasn`t my intention to cause any harm.

GTFO. Mad

WTF? are you mentally insane or something? whats wrong with that?