Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas wanted
I dunno bout making the IFV vetern but deffinatly do not make the Navy Seal vetern for UK. How about making the rocketeers vetern?
OK then, how about one of the new mod units gets veteran when built by the UK - the Railtank? This unit is better than a Mirage, but not as good as Prisms. It's name suggests it's role.

Whiteboy Wrote:I'm giving serious thought to having the UK veteran thing as the IFV instead. Because the US Navy SEAL is, well, the US Navy SEAL. It might not really matter. But can I have some thoughts on this please?
Actually, the Navy SEAL is very good for the UK. Why? Because it's country benefits are of infantry skills. That is the best infantry in the entire Allied force besides Tanya and the Sniper. But if you don't want the Navy SEAL, it can be the Chrono Legionnaire then, or some other type of Allied advanced infantry.

The IFV would be unbalanced, since it has lots of capabilities. I even consider it to be sort of "over-powered" by its transformations. So I don't think that would be a good choice. I don't think the modification units should be veteran either. People might not know what they are. It's way more simpler to have classic units.

Nerdo Wrote:How about making the rocketeers vetern?

Good idea, if Whiteboy isn't going to use the Navy SEAL. The problem is: It's flying.

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
I think that the -13% ROF for the british is a bit harsh... Snipers would become practically useless, as they have a poor ROF anyway... I think it should be made less severe.

I also think that having starting with vet. apocalypse tanks and floating disks is a bit OTT, as they are both pretty scary, instead (IMO) Yuri should have a new special unit, as he is unique anyhoo. Instead of the apocalypse tank being vet. (which is silly), they should have vet. Rhinos - as they are usually the power house of the Soviets.
I Think, thus, that Russia should have better infantry - as they are more renowned for mad infantry assaults.

Just my thoughts
Hmm... Well, Russia already has the Rhino tank, which has a fast buildtime. The Iraqis have armor, so they should have a veteran Apocalypse tank. Second, Yuri's Floating Disc can be easily countered with some AA defences, especially mobile ones, such as the Flak Track.

Well, not really. You can easily use Snipers if you micro-manage closely in groups. But I guess it can be lowered to 9%?

Oh bit late but anyways i say YAY. Then again im at the stage in boredom at the dead of night that you don't really think about anything much anymore, so it might just be the boredom talking. Look, im blabbering on. Mabye i'll do this for a living. Oh! Maybe i can get a job doing this! With the talking, and the blabbering, and the hoing-en-floingen...
I'll lower the ROF for the UK to - 11%...

...and make theeir veteran thing the Railgunner. He's an infantry with a small Railgun (but not in the same legue as the Ghost Stalker from TS - Railgunners are probably just below SEALS in terms of power. Sound good?

Yeah, but I thought we were sticking to the classical units? It wouldn't be good if we break the pattern (not at all, I would say).

Actually, I was thinking either the Navy SEAL, or the G.I. The British should have a solid defence line of machine guns. What do you think?

Nah, we never established that we're sticking to so-called "classical" units. I'd like at least one mod unit to "get vet". The UK can have a solid defence line of Railguns, how's that for defence Tongue

The Railgunner is CRAP when garrisoned, they fire slower than when on foot and they damage the building with each shot, the more railgunners in the building he slower they fire, hopefully this will be fixed.

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
I was unaware that is actually damages the hosted building - that's crazy! I'm sure I never saw it do that before. I'll have to test this out. The code says that the weapon shouldn't be any worse when garrisoned... well, this doesn't stop me from making it the UK's veteran unit Tongue

Whiteboy Wrote:The code says that the weapon shouldn't be any worse when garrisoned...
The weapon isn't any worce when garrisonned but it takes ages for the Railgunner to reload and the other railgunner can't fire from the building untill the previus Railgunner has finiched reloading which is pointless when you could have them all firing at once outside the building.

But if they fired as quickly as GIs when garrisoned, they would destroy the building that they are in, in seconds Tongue .

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
I still think that having vet. apocalyse tanks to start with is a bit OTT, as they are significantly harder and do more damage when vet. than when basic... but hey, i like soviet >D
Well, the Battle Fortress is even more scarier. But you should be able to counter the Apocalypse easily.

Railgun logic damages the hosted building, yes (CR's King Tiger damages the Tank Bunker with its Railgun).

I still don't like the Veteran Railgunner idea. What was so wrong with the Navy SEAL in the first place?

Nothing really. Just that someone suggested to me that the US Navy SEALS are...US Navy SEALS. Not UK. But it doesn't matter.

I will make the Railgunner unable to garrison. That is the best solution for damaging the host building.

Vote now people... Railgunner or Navy SEAL for veteran UK unit?

About the Apoc... I did think it's a bit unfair that Iraq can create them all as veterans. Also, looking through the Soviet stuff, they all have vehicles as their veteran things... (Flak Track, Rhino, Apoc and V3). Maybe it would be better if I changed Iraq's veteran thing to the Kirov? Or the new Hellfire HIND? Or (perhaps a better idea) the Siege Chopper? Opinions, please Big Grin