Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe>
Bobingabout Wrote:well, i'm not concerned... my laptop has 1Gb RAM with 3Gb VRAM, my old computer has 2Gb RAM with 2Gb VRAM, and my newest computer has 4Gb Phisical RAM, however, windows XP pro, 32-bit only recognises 3.25Gb, so i have 768Mb VRAM there. this is a total of 4Gb, being the maximum RAM you can assign to windows XP 32-bit.(although, i'm begining to think maybe its 3.25Gb)
Read this about Windows and RAM. Although this post of yours really really sounds like "my e-penis is bigger than yours" rather than on-topic stuff.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Quote:well, i'm not concerned... my laptop has 1Gb RAM with 3Gb VRAM, my old computer has 2Gb RAM with 2Gb VRAM, and my newest computer has 4Gb Phisical RAM, however, windows XP pro, 32-bit only recognises 3.25Gb, so i have 768Mb VRAM there. this is a total of 4Gb, being the maximum RAM you can assign to windows XP 32-bit.(although, i'm begining to think maybe its 3.25Gb)
If your processor(assume x86) and chipset support PAE, it can have up to 64GB of RAM.
Also you should select another HAL.

However, most of apps will use only up to 2 GB.

Now 4000h * 4 = 10000h = 64kb
also save file size +64kb.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

its a 64-bit CPU and 64-bit chipset, however, the only limiting factor is windows XP pro being only a 32-bit OS.
Quote:the only limiting factor is windows XP pro being only a 32-bit OS.
No. Windows XP Pro support PAE, if you select another HAL, when you start install it (you should press F2 or F6 as I remember).
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Bobingabout Wrote:[...] Phisical [...]
I'm majorly drunk and I still recognize spelling mistakes in your posts...that should concern you. (Especially as a native speaker.)
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
VK Wrote:
Quote:the only limiting factor is windows XP pro being only a 32-bit OS.
No. Windows XP Pro support PAE, if you select another HAL, when you start install it (you should press F2 or F6 as I remember).

how long has it been? its still on my mind, lol
a few days ago i enabled /pae on the boot, which did turn on PAE, only problem is, i still only have 3GB of RAM!!! it should be 4GB!

to get this thread back on topic

how many of RPCE and RP1.10 features are in RP2?
also is rockpatch2 going to be Rockpatch2 V1.00, or is it going to be Rockpatch V2.00 and counting?
For a current feature list, see the Changelog.

This does not include planned features, but much like the countries system, I will try to bring back as many features as possible.

RockPatch2 is technically RockPatch 2.00, however, I will separate "RockPatch2" from "RockPatch", which means the old version.
That means, the initial release will be RockPatch2 2.00.
It will go on with RockPatch2 2.01, etc etc. The reason for this is recognizability. You will not always append the version number if you talk about RP2, and in order to not have it be confused with the old RP, you should just call it RP2.

My favorite industry example for this is Adobe Photoshop.
CS3 for instance is called Adobe Photoshop CS3 10.0.
[Image: jsfml.png]
ummm... wishes....

GlobalBuildLimit= How many of this building can be built by ALL the players on the map
VeteranRatio= moved from [General] to individual Houses, therefore allowing different sides to gain experience at different rates
PrerequisitePermanance= Once this building is built, even if it no longers exist, it serves as a prerequisite for the remainder of the game.

Administrative Notice:

Closed - semi-obsolete due to Syringe, resurrections
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.