Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine ?
Is it possible to record a demo or even capture a movie using game engine when playing Red Alert 2 ? I have no intention to use programs like Fraps, I'm just wondering whether this is possible.
Someone told me few years ago that there is a command I can use to record, but it doesn't record proper movies and I have to put something else in the command line and tell the game to load it. Any suggestions ?
See Red_Alert_2#EXE_Switches, the -record and -play switches.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
DCoder Wrote:See Red_Alert_2#EXE_Switches, the -record and -play switches.

Thank you for such a quick reply. It works perfectly regarding skirmish games but what about network ones ? I'm still playing the game with friends via LAN, it would be damn nice to record them as well.
Try it? I never tested it, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
er sorry for bumping the topic how do i use the command line
You've got "end user" written all over you Don, you know that?
Click me.

Also, be reminded that we are not PPM. You are not protected from any kind of hostility such overly unintelligent questions stirr up. Not to mention that it has been pointed out to me that you already are blacklisted for ripping LaoTze's and DarkElf's work.

iow: How about you just get lost before things turn really ugly?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Just shut up u girl friend fucking guy

Things really are gonna get ugly why dont u just ban me
1) Bump a 3 month old topic
2) Offend an admin
3) Tell him to ban you
4) ???
5) BANHAMMER!!!
[Image: jsfml.png]
Since he asked for it, I'm happy to help.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I don't get the girlfriend fucking comment... surely if you have a girlfriend then fucking her would be a good thing no?
I wouldn't expect sense from someone asking to be banned.

Now how about we leave this closed topic to decompose? Or just incinerate it...