Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sega Master System
Alex the kidd, the first sega mascot. that series of games was totally awsome, the best game on the system being 1 of the the very first ever made for it. Alex the kidd in miracle world. i have it on my GBA flash cart, aswell as SMS(Sega master system. i know it means other things now too, but, to the consol world, SMS means Sega Master System), totally awsome.

anyone who ever owned both a SMS and a mega drive would know, the sonic games on the SMS were completly different from the games on the mega drive. i have sonic the hedgehog, and sonic 2 on both consoles, and, its like 4 completly different games rather than 2, with different graphic details. there were also some unique sonic titles on the SMS, but more on the mega drive. unfortunatly, my sonic collection is only about half of them.

I always wanted to play Alex the Kidd!

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
Yeah, what's with the different Sonic games? Al the modern "collection" games seem to brand the Mega Drive Sonic game as Sonic's first game... but surely the SMS ones came before it, if only by a little bit? Or are Sega lying?

I have great memories of Alex Kidd. The built-in one (Miracle World) was hard for me as a youngster. Hah, the game doesn't really hold up today... it's not a good game... but Sonic 2 is! I have great memories of playing that at a friend's house, and at the time it seemed very hard (it's still harder than the MD Sonic games). I remember a Pig on wheels boss, and a horrible duck boss (Sky Zone?). Sky Zone was hard simply because the glider never seemed to go where I wanted it to.

I now own a SMS with loads of games and accessories like the light phaser (but now the 3D glasses), which I got in an auction recently, as a collector's set... but the SMS never compared REMOTELY to the NES. Apparently here in New Zealand and even in Australia, at that time, the SMS outsold the NES merely because of availability... how sad. Kinda like NZ is the only place now in the world where the PSP outsells DS... but not by much (and there's almost no advertising here for the DS anyway... it sells on word of mouth) Tongue

never had me a nes, why not start a topic about it ;P

Alex the kidd in miracle world is the 1 i was talking about that i ported to my GBA. it is really hard, and i've only ever made it to the castle a couple of times.

Yeah. Shame it's not a good enough game for most people to bother practising it hard Tongue

Save that for Castlevania, Probotector, and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts...

I actually beat Super Ghouls and Ghosts Tongue, IT TOOK 2 YEARS BUT I DID IT!

2 years and 2,000,000 cups of coffee I'll bet...

sounds like my effort to get "Toe Jam and Earl" for the mega drive.

Nope managed to win it without any drugs, Not even pain medication for my leg, it would make me lose concentration!