Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPCE #0048
Rock Patch Celebration Edition Revision #0048
Changes:
*Action tag bug was fixed - (see here)
*CSF fix:
Now additinal csf files are working correct.
(old system always corrupted BRIEF:ALL01UMD entry, for example)
since RPCE you must use strtbl*.csf files

Download it here.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

I would like to ask something....why the heck do you keep adding, removing, and modifying random features? For example, I read in the bugtracker that you removed the NewDominator feature. WHY?? And you also have changed it so that we have to have strtbl*.csf files. I don't see why you had to do that when stringtable**.csf was working fine.
Quote:why the heck do you keep adding, removing, and modifying random features?
because I am the creator of patch Smile

Quote:, I read in the bugtracker that you removed the NewDominator feature
at first read ModEnc or offline help Smile
NewDominator is obsolete, use PsyhicDominator instead.

Quote: I don't see why you had to do that when stringtable**.csf was working fine.
you had never tried to use it at all, isn't it? Big Grin
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

There's a problem with your strtbl??.csf files, they don't overwrite existing tags. From my mod I can at least see that they don't overwrite GUI:NewCampaign and GUI:MCVRepacks.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
CnCVK Wrote:
Merriam-Webster Wrote:Main Entry: cre·a·tor
Pronunciation: krE-'A-t&r
Function: noun
: one that creates usually by bringing something new or original into being;
You may be the creator of RPCE and of specific features of RockPatch...but pd is the creator of RockPatch itself.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
so as it seems, CnCVK, you didn't follow my advice to avoid stupid changes (strtbl*.csf ...), revision floods (new revision every week?) and extreme stubbornness (see above)...
but then please don't wonder why people are pissed, complain and even boycot RPCE.

about that little creation debate, technically, I'm the creator of the patch so if there were rights for it, I'd own them and I'd certainly not sell them to anybody.
But I'd bet VK just confused a word and meant that he's the "current developper".

oh, you might be wondering "where I am".
school's over and as I promised, I'm back "at work", but not exactly on RPCE or 1.09. you'll see... (yes, this is meant to sound mysterious)
[Image: jsfml.png]
pd Wrote:revision floods (new revision every week?)
I personaly like this update per week I find that it shows alittle bit of life here. It seems the only time anybody ever post in here is when a new revision is made so it in a way keeps this place from becomeing a ghost town like alot of the other yuri editing sites. Poking

pd Wrote:oh, you might be wondering "where I am".
school's over and as I promised, I'm back "at work", but not exactly on RPCE or 1.09. you'll see... (yes, this is meant to sound mysterious)
Smile I like the sounds of this! The imagination is churning and the anticipation is high Big Grin
True. But coders work on their mods for months, sometimes years. It's annoying to change codes each week.

Oh, and a big 'YAY' to pd's return Smile
i like revisions per week, but i don't like the pointless changes per week

we asked you not to change tags(and filenames) poinlesslythere was no need to change the filename, mearly the internal logic.

stupid changes like stringtable##.csf to strtbl##.csf is the reason why everybody hates you, and RPCE.
unfortunatly, my mod has no choice but to keep using rockpatch, too much would be lost without it. but these constant pointless changes make me angry, and create un-necasary work.
CnCVK Wrote:

cocky little shit...
[Image: untitled10bu1.jpg]
Quote:stupid changes like stringtable##.csf to strtbl##.csf is the reason why everybody hates you, and RPCE.

I don't hate RPCE. It is the best updated and a quite stable version. If it wasn't for the unnecessary changes, this'd be the greatest RP version so far.
CnCVK is doing a nice job with Rock Patch, just his attitude. When we give give him criticism about the patch, he think we mean something bad and anwser in a bad way Unhappy

CnCVK: Did you looked at the Random IE after played a loaded game?

I also hope pd return soon Smile I miss hes futures
Quote:When we give give him criticism about the patch, he think we mean something bad and anwser in a bad way
\
/
\
/
Quote:Feature Freeze. Create one bug-free version. Fix what's fixable, disable what's too buggy. Then declare that version a Base Version. Features present in a base version will not be changed anymore in any way, except if a total rewrite is necessary, and even if a total rewrite is necessary, the flag stays the same - that way, mods can code and rest assured "If people have Base Version 1, everything will work, and there won't be any RP-bugs.". That gives them the stability and safety needed to actively develop for RockPatch.
© Renegade.

Quote:Did you looked at the Random IE after played a loaded game?
I have more important things, than it.
However, I am not FREE-IE-CHECKING team.
If you thing that error RP-related, go to BugTracker put it here with whole EXCEPT.TXT.
Don't worry, if it don't RP-related, I simple close it Smile

Quote:Did you looked at the Random IE after played a loaded game?
Non-RP-related.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!