Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up for a competition?
First of - I probally wrote the topic name wrong, but what the heck.
Hello and thanks for letting be a part of this forum, I have been on forums like deezire (Ola) and sleipnirstuff etc etc.

But let me get back on subject -

I was wondering if people here wanted to have a little competition, who can make the best AI? Wink
It don`t need to be fancy - fancy stuff with new structures etc etc, but just original YR, AImd and Rules-ini file and see what you can do out of it. Or maybe we all could work togheter of making something?

This is just a question, and sorry if it has been asked before, but it - or at least I would find it very fun with a competition like this - who can make the best Artifical Intelligence? Big Grin

I am pretty new to AI editing, but have the recently time been working and improving my skills toward AI editing, still I have a looong way to go, but I starting to learn Smile

Some of the personal work I have done on a test-AI is to make it never go out of rescourses. Of course it can, but when the AI get like for example x1000 more money from ore/tiberium it`s mostly impossible for it to go out of money Smile This means that the AI will give you a fight to the bitter end, without just going out of rescourses and die slowly. I aswell testing out with cloning building and stuff, and I have tried everything from AI to build 2 barracks and 4 warrfactories, to more extreme stuff I don`t even want to mention...
Anyway, my latest test with double barracks and war factories are pretty fun as challenging. The AI now build 2 tanks / infantery at same time, making it attack much often and faster. I really enjoy when it by rare circumstances build 2 teams at same time - meaning the one warfactorie builds like 4 grizzly tanks and the other 6 prism tanks. And when it is done it launches both attacks at same time and it could be pretty challanging Smile
I still have a shit-long way to go, becuse I am struggeling to learn how to add new task-forces / scripts etc etc, but I guess that comes with time Smile I aswell using the AI Editor 2, but I am not quite happy with some of the things in it, for example if I only want to save a single taskforce it takes like 10 second, and I have to save each damned time before switching to a other task force, or the information is not beeing remembered :/ Smile

Anyway, thats enoug talk from my side, what you thing about this idea? A competition or cooperate (where we give eacother information, helping hand, ideas etc etc) to make the best AI in Ra2YR ever released? Smile

Over and out, and have a nice day!
Well you could just clone 10 War factories, give them 0.01 BuildTimeMultiplier, remove AI prereqs for Battle Lab and order to build crazy amount of an AI only Apocalypse Tanks that have decreased training time. That would win the competition.

There should be some limits to make the competition. Something like "you can edit aimd.ini only and not the YR 1.001 rulesmd.ini".
Red Alert 2 Uluchshenny Mod for Yuri's Revenge
Download at tsactuo.googlepages.com
That's stupid - rules editing is key to getting the AI from the ground.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Are EXE patches allowed?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

This should only have basic rules editing e.g. [General] [AI] and none of this clone building/game.exe super hacks.

A set time limit and minimum number of triggers per side/country.

It should then be testing, on wide flat, large maps, urban maps and tight, confined island maps with bridges, etc.
Everything is allowed, because as I have mentioned the aim is to get the best AI out there.
We can set some limits of course.
What about max 2-3 war factories? Personally I have tested it, and it creates a harder AI, but not just to freking god-like AI.
2 barracks. Why should we need more? Infantery is fast to build, and with 2 of them the AI would be able to send bigger first wave infantery waves faster
Airfields...2-4? Depending on the faction, the faction using the air as it`s area should be able to build as much as 4 airfields. Otherwise for the other countries - 2.

And there should be no rules against creating, adding, whatever in the rulesmd file and Aimd file.
A other thing that would be nice is a bigger variety of taskforces and such, so the computer have a bigger arsenal of different types of attacks.
If you really want a seemingly good ai it should be done with aitriggers specific to the map being played.
Even changing the exe.? Oh, goody for me! Not that there much more I can think of to do to it..., besides then it wouldn't cooperate with RockPatch. And besides, rules have to change with the AI file by the way...if you want to make it the best possible that is...
I hate AI, but what the hey, always up for a challenge.
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.