Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom EVA problems
My custom EVA won't say a word, and neither will the built-in EVA say "Airstrike Initiated". I am using RA2: YR with RPCE revision #39. I'm stumped.
Code:
[EVA_AirstrikeReady]
Text=
Russian=csofairready
Allied=cevaairready
Yuri=cyurairready
Type=QUEUE
Priority=NORMAL
and
Code:
[EVA_AirstrikeInitiated]
Text=
Russian=csof156
Allied=ceva156
Yuri=cyur156
Type= QUEUE
Priority=NORMAL
are my evamd.ini entries.

This is my rulesmd entry:
Code:
[AirstrikeSpecial]
UIName=Name:KAZI
Name=Kamikaze Airstrike
IsPowered=false
RechargeTime=5
Type=SpyPlane ;SpyPlane is the type for SpyPlane clones or Airstrikes
Action=Kazi ;check out the Adding custom Actions page to find out more about this
SidebarImage=KAZICON
ShowTimer=no
DisableableFromShell=no
FlashSidebarTabFrames=120
AITargetingType=1
;New Tags
SpyPlane=CRUISEM ;incoming AircraftType, either the SpyPlane or the one performing an airstrike
SpyPlanesNum=3 ;amount of planes coming in
IsAirstrike=yes ;Set to yes if Airstrike, set to no if SpyPlane
EvaReady=EVA_AirstrikeReady
EvaActivated=EVA_AirstrikeInitiated

Any clue what's going here?
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Ugh.
Quote:Please note, what NOT ALL SuperWeapons are supporting all voices.
For example: SpyPlane support only ready voice.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
But that raises the question why could I use EVA's voice for paradrops. Anyway HELP!
Did you put the EVA voices in audio.bag/idx. If so, remove them. EVA voices go in an expandmdxx.mix file.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
I'm creating a mod. I am using XCC Mod Creator. I just add the sounds in the "speech" category. Did you ever try putting the sounds on spyplane clones?
The EvaActivated one doesn't work for me. EvaReady and EvaDetected do. Although these are SpyPlane clones turned into Airstrikes, so I don't know if they're treated any differently.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
I don't think XCC Mod Creator uses the 'speech' section correctly. Try putting the EVA files in the 'ini' section.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I have no idea why this is happening to me. Well if you want you can download the mod here. I'm giving permission to anyone who wants to help to open my mod, yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm desperate.
I've tried putting EVA in the ini category. No effect.
I've got speech files in the ini section and they work okay, so I suggest you leave them there to rule that out as a cause of the problem.

Check the format of your EVA wav files against the format of some stock EVA wav files.
I've had issues before with accidentally using the wrong wav format.
--Lysdexia

Well is 2 channel wav ok?
OK, I've converted all of the sounds to IDA ADPCM 22.050 kHz Mono, 4bit. And it still doesn't work.
Try renaming one of the wav files so that you are replacing a stock EVA sound rather than adding a new one for a new superweapon.
If the replaced sound plays then it is a problem with your superweapon/EVA code or the RockPatch itself.
If the sound doesn't play then it is a problem with the sound file.
If the EVA is not replaced then it would be a problem with where the replacement sound is located.
--Lysdexia

Well I replaced "Spyplane En Route" with Airstrike Ready, and it works. But RockPatch hasn't allowed me to put activated voices on spyplanes.
I proved that by successfully replacing "New Construction Options" with "Warning: Airstrike Initiated". Oh well.