Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocketeer glitch?
This is a really weird glitch I've been encountering recently. It seems that if I have crowded groups of teammates, and attempt to kill any rocketeers in the area result in the Rocketeer not falling to his death; but instead, getting around half way there. Then my forces begin firing on him, he never dies, and my forces keep getting promoted.. This may be the result on the edit on his speed. Here is my code:

Code:
[JUMPJET]
UIName=Name:JUMPJET
Name=Rocketeer
Image=ROCK
Category=Soldier
JumpJet=yes
Primary=20mm
Prerequisite=GAPILE,RADAR
Crushable=yes
Strength=125
Fearless=yes
;OpportunityFire=yes ;gs Doesn't work because will fly backwards to point towards it and never shoot
Armor=none
TechLevel=3
;Sight=6
Sight=8
Pip=white
Speed=9
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Cost=600
Soylent=300
Points=15
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=RocketeerSelect
VoiceMove=RocketeerMove
VoiceAttack=RocketeerAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=RocketeerFear
VoiceSpecialAttack=RocketeerMove
DieSound=
CrashingSound=RocketeerDie
ImpactLandSound=RocketeerCrash
Locomotor={92612C46-F71F-11d1-AC9F-006008055BB5}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Fly        ; This needs to be None, like aircraft
ConsideredAircraft=yes
ThreatPosed=15    ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
JumpjetSpeed=40 ;params not defined use defaults (old globals way up top called Jumpjet controls)
JumpjetClimb=40 ;HY increase climb speed; used to be 10
JumpjetCrash=25 ; Climb, but down
JumpJetAccel=20
JumpJetTurnRate=10
JumpjetHeight=500
JumpjetWobbles=.01
JumpjetDeviation=1
JumpjetNoWobbles=yes ; the wobbling is in the Hover sequence of the art, instead of being programmer art/ sine wave
Size=1
SpeedType=Hover
HoverAttack=yes
Crashable=yes
BalloonHover=yes ; ie never land
MoveSound=RocketeerMoveLoop
ElitePrimary=20mmE

I searched here and Googled it, didn't find anything so if this was posted already, please close this. Thanks Smile

(Nevermind, solution found. Please delete)
So... how about sharing the solution, just for the next poor soul who comes across this thread? Wink

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
The solution is well.... I haven't found the rules/art solution, but the only workaround I found is to destroy what the Rocketeer gets caught on (which iis impossible if he lands on a bridge hut).. Other than that, I'd think you would need to replace the crash animation with an animation of him exploding in mid-air or something Wink
This sounds like a really crazy bug...
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
It is. It can potentially ruin a good round because of one rocketeer that can't be killed because he landed on a bridge hut.
I have heard this problem referred to several times, but never any definitive explanation.
I have never encountered this problem myself and as such have not made any attempt to resolve it in the UMP.

If it were simply a matter of a Rocketeer falling onto an occupied cell then I would have seen it in all the times I have shot down a Rocketeer over my base. Is it on overlays? I think the bridge hut is a building so what is so special about that building compared to my base buildings?

Why doesn't it happen to crashing Kirovs/Disks/etc?

How do I replicate this problem?
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I think it has something to do with the Rocketeer being an infantry, because that "won't die" business sounds like the glitch where an invisible infantry has to be killed multiple times before finally dying. (His forces wouldn't get promoted if the poor guy weren't getting killed over and over.) And it *might* be somehow related to the MakeInf not being spawned in an occupied cell and lagging.

I think the best way to try and recreate this would be hording them over all sorts of terrain and then destroying them with something that gives a large area effect. Check the Lunar boy too, theoretically he should be suffering from the same issue.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
The easiest way to recreate the problem is to make hoards of units, a rocketeer, and an IFV, move the units underneath the rocketeer, and kill the rocketeer with the IFV.
Dude, that code for your rocketeer is the same as the default. I think it might have something to do with the map you are playing on maybe. How about try and put a mod on it, even something simple like Speed=8 or something. Then it will set all the rules.ini back except Speed=8. Try that and see if it worksSmile
[Image: tr8er8copyku0.png]
its a game "bug" I've seen it happen online as well, no solution afaik
Tried setting Crashable=no?
I think the point is that if Crashable=yes the problem can occur. A workaround is to set Crashable=no but it is not a solution, as it has the unwanted effect of non-crashable Rocketeers.

However, I have never seen this 'bug' happen. Ever. Until I can replicate it, I can't document it in the UMP.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Quote:Why doesn't it happen to crashing Kirovs/Disks/etc?
It happened to me with Kirovs when I modified their ascension and descending speed. However, I am not 100% sure that was the cause of the problem, nor did I ever find a fix for it either... just the dodgy 'explode in the air' workaround.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.