Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PrimaryFireFLH in combination with turretspin=yes
I've encountered a bug with the TurretSpin=yes logic. Well, not so much a bug than an undesirable side-effect. As the FireFLH is measured from the turret if the turret is set to spin then whichever animation plays when the weapon is fired will play at different positions around the unit. It obviously fires from the same point on the turret wherever is set in the FLH but because the turret is spinning the animation plays wherever that point of the turret is at that point.
So you can end up with the animation playing at different angles from the body of the unit at different times. Which looks very odd.
The Disk doesn't have this problem because it uses an engine generated effect instead of an animation.
Didn't know if this was a known effect or not so i posted it.

The only fix i can find is to align the FLH to the center of the unit or not use an animation but if the weapon has a projectile it will spawn from the varying places instead of a set position on the unit.

Iv'e added a AlignFLHToBody= tag to the wishlist.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Couldn't you just set the FLH to the turret's axis? If you set the FLH to the point that the turret rotates around, then the animation will always fire from the same point, since the axis doesn't move.
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
But that would be the center of the unit, not very good if the gun is mounted near the front.
I think the fact that [DiskLaser] is also OmniFire=yes is more probably the reason there are no problems. I think the engine-created stuff is just the circle-laser.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
But even with omni-fire=yes the anim would still play at the point specified in the FLH. the disk gets around this by making the FLH the center of the unit and only specifying a height value, 0,0,70 or something i think. WW used the engine to create the laser circle that is exactly the diameter of the Disk itself and make it start at the side of the Disk directly opposite the target. If you remove omnifire it would just have to keep repositioning itself each time it fired so it faces the target, it has no effect on where it fires from. I haven't tested it but i bet if you changed the FLH to 100,0,70 it would offset the center of the laser creation to the outside rim of the Disk and it would spawn at different points around the Disk, wherever the "front" of the turret was at that point like it did on the unit I had earlier.

I guess the only way to 'fix' this is to use the center for the FLH and not use a firing anim.
I think I understand your problem better now. You say that the unit has a spinning turret, which ISN'T the "gun"? That would be a problem to work with..
[Image: alexstand1.gif]