Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RockPatch 1.08 - Preview
Bobingabout Wrote:1 would be like, tesla research lab(NATLAB), missile research lab(NAMLAB), readioactive research lab(NARLAB). build the tesla lab, and the other 2 become non-buildable(by having a NegativePrerequisite=NAMLAB,NARLAB on NATLAB), or disapear off the tabs.
Sounds almost like the system that was originally going to be in Generals where you selected the General from your Command Centre, got all his/her abilities then lost the ability to select the other two.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
just a note: i'm back from vacation
hm... i didn't even say i'd go, did I?

anyway, i need to know what's up, people are complaining about the delay, especially MO players Tongue 2

@CnCVK:
I'd suggest you finish your current projects and send me the result, so I can finish that light hack for the lightning storm and release the patch.
after that, you're free to continue since I'll probably leave this project (more info later)
oh, not to forget: great work! Smile
[Image: jsfml.png]
Quote:I'd suggest you finish your current projects and send me the result, so I can finish that light hack for the lightning storm and release the patch.
It work rather good Smile

I finished it and send it tomorrow to youSmile
Also we have problems with .pd space -  it only 64kb small, isn't it?
I want to add new section.

ARM forever - x86 sucks!

welcome back pd, CnCVK has done a great job like rasied the 100unit limit to 200, you could check that out a little bit more, like if you could do Taskforces with them
CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:AlternatePrerequisite##= PrerequisiteMisc##=
You want what I will add DynamicVector<DynamicVector<BuidingType*>>?!
And it can slow down game engine (But can and no)

First I want to release NegativePrerequisite because it rather simple to addSmile
(Copy one function, change some jmps and add loading list stuff)Wink
maybe you miss-understood what PrerequisiteMisc##= is, because it should be the easiest of the 3.

PrerequisiteMisc##= is suposed to be a bunch of clones of the existing PrerequisitePower=GAPOWR,NAPOWP,NANRCT,YAPOWR tag (in the [General] section) that when you say Prerequisite=POWER on a building(or any kind of unit), it requires ANY power plant to be built.
there is also PROC for ore refineries, FACTORY for war factories, BARRACKS for barracks and RADAR for radars, and TECH for battle labs. with a special case ProcAlternate for the slave miner. I'm pretty sure in TS:FS there was 2 for the mobile war factories, GDIFACTORY and NODFACTORY.

we wanted NAVAL and CONST at first, but a PrerequisiteMisc##= that would allow for far more costomisations. for example have a PrerequisiteMisc01=GACNST,NACNST,YACNST would map MISC01 to GACNST or NACNST or YACNST.
so instead of having Prerequisite=POWER and getting an NCO bug if you don't own a construction yard, you can now say Prerequisite=MISC01,POWER. and this will require ANY construction yard and ANY powerplant to be built.

i have a much more complex system planned out for my mod, which would require several dozon of these clones. an AlternatePrerequisite##= tag would be a lot easer for my mod to use, but not as easy to hack in.
[GenericPrerequisites]
MISC01=GAPOWR,NAPOWR,YAPOWR,CAPOWR,NANRCT
FOO=BAR,BAZ

?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Most easy - NegativePrerequisiteWink
It need to add only one function
The next is AlternatePrerequisite because exist PrerequisiteOverride tag
I will think as it to implement
More better:
[GenericPrerequisites]
PrerequisiteMisc00=GACNST,NACNST,YACNST
PrerequisiteMisc01=NAPOWR,GAPOWR
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

True, that would be easier.

Btw, let's not forget the biggest problem of PrerequisiteOverride - the NCO bug on vehicles due to incomplete Factory= check...

but what i'm saying is, PrerequisitePower= already exists, under the [General] section, can't you simply clone it?

also, unlike PrerequisiteOveride, which says you can own 1 thing OR another thing, etc. AlternatePrerequisite##= will be a clone of Prerequisite= where its the complete Prerequisite= list or the complete AlternatePrerequisite01= list or the complete AlternatePrerequisite02= list.

what i'm thinking he is thinking is that internally it can be some kind of PrerequisiteOveride=Prerequisite,AlternatePrerequisite01,AlternatePrerequisite02... etc.
You must pay attention for one detail on the NegativePrerequisite= (which is a great idea, by the way): If the player sells or loose the building, make sure the cameos are updated. I know this kind of thing works fine on the original RA2 and YR, and it is a bug on TS (if you sell or loose your tech center, you can still build the tech center units on TS).
Are you sure it's a bug? It worked that way in TD/RA too...

Quote:PrerequisitePower= already exists, under the [General] section, can't you simply clone it?
I can clone it, but not to 100 clonesWink
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

DCoder Wrote:Are you sure it's a bug? It worked that way in TD/RA too...

Yes, it is. At least, in my opinion it is, which is really why it was fixed during RA2 development.

It allowed you to use tech center units and get the tech center money back... or at least there was no need to use tech center's power. You could shut its power down and keep its same benefits. You really don't need a powered tech center in TS.
CnCVK Wrote:I can clone it, but not to 100 clonesWink

I think for additional prerequisite groups, 2 or 3 would be enough for most people's needs.
PrerequisiteMisc01
PrerequisiteMisc02
PrerequisiteMisc03
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
i already need atleast 16 PrerequisiteMisc##= lines.
allied barracks (allied and einstein)
allied war factories (allied and einstein)
soviet barracks (soviet and russia elite)
soviet war factories
yuri barracks (yuri elite/prime and yuri revolution)
yuri war factories
CDA barracks (CDA and Civic Republic)
CDA war factories
construction yards
naval yards
repair depots (and grinder)(for MCVs with cross tree(so i can say your war factory and and repair depot.))
CDA split tree hi-tech laboratories (new negative prerequisite design)
advanced tech centres (for the command tank)
allied tech centres (allied and einstein)
soviet tech centres
yuri tech centres....

as you can see, the AlternatePrerequisite##= would be more usefull to me for most of these. with alternate, i'd change all the 2 building ones to alternate and leave me with const yards, navel yards, repair depots, advanced tech centres and CDA split tech tree hi-tech labs. (which is still 5)

(for this AlternatePrerequisite##= i can't see anyone needing more than about 3 or 4 new lines, because if you need 5 AlternatePrerequisites, either it can be done using PrerequisiteMisc##=, or you have 1 REALLY funky tech tree.)

another, probably important note.
make sure the AI behaves with this. the AI generally follows prerequisites for buildings, so kinda make sure the AI only builds 1 branch of an alternate tech tree. it would be unfair if the player could build only 1 of the 3 branches, but the AI can build all 3.