Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mysterious Crash
Y'know, I hate coming to places and asking for help. It makes me look very, very incompetent.

Regardless, I've been getting a mysterious crash all day long when I try playing Skirmish Games...and I don't know what's causing it. Notepad crashes every time I try to open the DMP file, and the Text files are in Binary...at least I think it's Binary.

I've zipped together a quick Logs file. Hopefully you guys have the ability to crack it open and tell me what's wrong.
Hi there, you're already in the upper 20% in terms of bug report quality, but we'd still appreciate it if you could file it in the official bugtracker instead, so it can be properly tracked and found by others.

No matter the location, it would help to know what exactly is happening before the crash occurs; does it crash on click on the button to launch the game? During the load screens? Ingame sometime?
Also, what Ares version and mod(s) are you running?

Basically, all information you can give us surrounding the crash.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(09.05.2012, 19:26:16)Renegade Wrote: Hi there, you're already in the upper 20% in terms of bug report quality, but we'd still appreciate it if you could file it in the official bugtracker instead, so it can be properly tracked and found by others.

No matter the location, it would help to know what exactly is happening before the crash occurs; does it crash on click on the button to launch the game? During the load screens? Ingame sometime?
Also, what Ares version and mod(s) are you running?

Basically, all information you can give us surrounding the crash.

My apologies, I thought since I didn't know the cause of the Crash it would be a waste of time. I'll move the rest of this to the Bug Tracker immediately and continue things there...unless someone like a Mod shifts the topic.

EDIT - My apologies again, but the Bug Reporter's been stuck on an Hour loop straight. I'm not 100% sure your getting it.
We got nothing...have you tried submitting the report to the tracker again?
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
(09.05.2012, 20:11:14)Renegade Wrote: We got nothing...have you tried submitting the report to the tracker again?

By this point I've given it another couple of tries. I think it might be broken or down.
Wait, which tracker are you trying?
Forum Rules

(09.05.2012, 21:03:43)Renegade Wrote: Wait, which tracker are you trying?

I do not mean to be rude, but you linked only one tracker. The other link takes you to some kind of Database, presumably filled with Ares related bugs.
The database have a report a bug section at the right.

You already got an account there? Probably that's why it breaks down.
Check the coding for your [T80]. It is supposed to be a voxel, but for some reason the game tries to draw it as a SHP.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
(10.05.2012, 06:47:15)DCoder Wrote: Check the coding for your [T80]. It is supposed to be a voxel, but for some reason the game tries to draw it as a SHP.

I've fixed that, but it still appears to crash randomly.

Here's the Debug File from today's run.
debug.log is next to useless, except.txt is somewhat useful, extcrashdump.dmp is most useful. This debug doesn't tell me anything valuable.

(10.05.2012, 18:27:47)DCoder Wrote: debug.log is next to useless, except.txt is somewhat useful, extcrashdump.dmp is most useful. This debug doesn't tell me anything valuable.

Ah. Hang on a sec...

Here we go. The .txt and .DMP from today's session.
Check the image for the [ORCA].

(11.05.2012, 06:50:02)DCoder Wrote: Check the image for the [ORCA].

I just got back from playing two full Skirmish Games. Not one crash.

Thanks for the assist.
(09.05.2012, 22:55:07)Sir Shockwave Wrote:
(09.05.2012, 21:03:43)Renegade Wrote: Wait, which tracker are you trying?

I do not mean to be rude, but you linked only one tracker. The other link takes you to some kind of Database, presumably filled with Ares related bugs.
I know I did, but I also know I've never seen it go down or break, and I've checked multiple times during our conversation and got to it fine. So I had to take into account that you just plain didn't follow my link and went elsewhere. Tongue

Believe it or not, there are stupid people out there. Be happy if you're not one of them.

Either way, your problem seems fixed, so all is well.
Forum Rules