Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares.
Hi Zero.Zone,

the latest official Ares version is 0.1 P1 and most of the features you mentioned are only available in the beta versions, thus REs and other problems are to be expected. But for example, the harvesting animation issue has been fixed in revision 973 already and the chronoshift RE issue should be fixed since 986. I don't know about the Prism Forwarding RE, but recently there were changes made, too, to fix other problems, so maybe it's gone already.

The iron curtain on firestorm issue is known, but one could also argue "The firestorm is stronger than the iron curtain. Why doesn't the firestorm destroy IC'd units?". If we change it, most likely other people will complain.

The AI command is a debug feature. It is not intended to be used in oridinary gameplay.

Do I understand this correctly: If you activate your firestorm, all other players will have theirs activated, too?

If I sound impolite, then it might be because of the language barrier -- English isn't my native tongue. I don't by any means intend to be unfriendly or harsh to modders or anybody else. Maybe my answers are a bit terse.

Ares is a framework to be used by a broad range of modders. There are modders who want to create World War II mods, some want to recreate the older C&C games, some want to do something entirely new, some expand the YR universe, some aim to re-balance the game while staying faithful to the original. Ares tries to potentially help all of them.
I don't know about neither LH_Mouse's nor Kenosis' intentions, and I can only guess from the public pictures and videos GZ is expanding weapon firing modes primarily. On PPM there are pictures of large explosions and fancy effects, but I'm not sure they will help the general audience. (Not saying that all Ares features make sense in a WWII mod...)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - by AlexB - 13.04.2011, 14:58:08