Renegade Projects Network Forums
Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Printable Version

+- Renegade Projects Network Forums (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com)
+-- Forum: Inject the Battlefield (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Ares General Discussion (https://forums.renegadeprojects.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. (/showthread.php?tid=1816)

Pages: 1 2

Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Zero.Zone - 13.04.2011

At first,I want to ask why the working group doesn't put the latest version of Ares on the website?
Second,I remembered sending a PM to NightHarwark,but why there's no reply?

Well,say something about Ares.
I'm from China and now I'm working on Ares.Though I think it has greater future than NP,but it seemed that the group isnt very friendly to modders and players.In fact,there are very few modders like to work on Ares,and they think there are less usful things in Ares(though I don't think so,but moderKENOSIS and LH_Mouse don't agrre with me.)

Just a few days ago,I've already done a project(rulesmd,and others) as a mod based on Ares.It included EMP effect,IC effect,firestorm,prismforwarding(well,the prismforwarding logic is really nice,I think), paradrop,new chronoshift,unit delivery,campgain list,4campgain buttons,new spy effect,new spotlight.
Up to now,I've got some bugs.
1.When a miner has been stopping working by EMP,it still playing the animtion on mines.
2.New Chronoshift always got RE in multimode.
3.PrismForwarding sometimes got RE.
4.Firestorm will happen to the other players who have firestormwall when just one player using it.
5.Though an unit have IC,it'll be destroyed by firestorm.
6.When I use AI Control,there's almost everything in my sidebar.

Also,I'd like to share my codes with everyone.That's all.

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - ¥R M0dd€r - 13.04.2011

What version are you using?
I think 1. is fixed in later version, if not, its just a minor graphic bug. get over it.
2. Please post chronoshift codes.
3. Post codes.
4. You mean if you activate firestorm, and an other player(t.ex enemy) owns firestorm too, theirs firestorm will activate to?
5. This is known and already reported

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Zero.Zone - 13.04.2011

[AresChronoSphereSpecial]
UIName=NOSTR:AresNewChronoSphere
Name=AresChronoSphereSpecial
Range=1.4
LineMultiplier=3
RechargeTime=.1
SidebarImage=CHROICON
Action=Custom
ShowTimer=yes
IsPowered=true
Type=ChronoSphere
SW.Range=3
SW.CreateRadarEvent=no
Cursor.Frame=259
Cursor.Count=9
Cursor.Interval=5
Cursor.MiniFrame=516
Cursor.MiniCount=1
Chronosphere.KillOrganic=no
SW.PostDependent=AresChronoWarpSpecial
SW.AffectsTarget=infantry,units,buildings

[AresChronoWarpSpecial]
UIName=NOSTR:AresNewChronoWarp
Name=AresChronoWarpSpecial
Range=1.4
LineMultiplier=3
RechargeTime=.1
SidebarImage=CHROICON
Action=Custom
ShowTimer=yes
IsPowered=true
Type=ChronoWarp
SW.Range=3
SW.CreateRadarEvent=no
Cursor.Frame=259
Cursor.Count=9
Cursor.Interval=5
Cursor.MiniFrame=516
Cursor.MiniCount=1

[ATESLA]
UIName=Name:ATESLA
Name=Allied Prism Cannon
Image=GAPRIS
BuildCat=Combat
Prerequisite=POWER,RADAR,GACNST
Strength=600
Armor=steel
TechLevel=6
Adjacent=2
Sight=8
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
AIBasePlanningSide=0 ;gs 0 for Good, 1 for Evil
Cost=1500
Points=30
Power=-75
Crewed=no
Capturable=false
Overpowerable=false
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
;DestroyAnim=NATSLADM
Primary=PrismShot
Secondary=PrismSupport
Turret=no
TurretAnimZAdjust=-100
DebrisAnim=Dbris1sm,Dbris1lg,Dbris4sm,Dbris5sm,Dbris4lg,Dbris7sm,Dbris8sm,Dbris5lg,Dbris4lg
MaxDebris=15
MinDebris=5
ThreatPosed=40 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys
DamageSmokeOffset=96, 64, 112
IsBaseDefense=yes
BaseNormal=no
Powered=yes
HasStupidGuardMode=false
WorkingSound=PowerOn
NotWorkingSound=PowerOff
ImmuneToPsionics=no ; defaults to yes for buildings, no for others
Drainable=yes
AntiInfantryValue=25
AntiArmorValue=25
AntiAirValue=0
;gs these three are in abstract units and just help the AI pick the right base defense. (see AIForcePredictionFudge)
;Ares new Spotlight-Blue logic
HasSpotlight=yes
Spotlight.StartHeight=250
Spotlight.Distance=1024
Spotlight.AttachedTo=body
Spotlight.DisableRed=yes
Spotlight.DisableGreen=yes
Spotlight.DisableBlue=no
Spotlight.DisableColor=yes
;Ares new PrismForwarding logic
PrismForwarding=yes
PrismForwarding.Targets=ATESLA
PrismForwarding.MaxFeeds=-1
PrismForwarding.MaxChainLength=-1
PrismForwarding.MaxNetworkSize=-1
PrismForwarding.SupportModifier=150%
PrismForwarding.DamageAdd=50
PrismForwarding.MyHeight=420
PrismForwarding.ToAllies=yes
PrismForwarding.BreakSupport=yes
PrismForwarding.Intensity=2
Overpowerable=yes
PrismForwarding.SupportWeapon=PrismSupport
;PrismForwarding.EliteSupportWeapon=PrismSupport

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Speeder - 13.04.2011

Ad4. I think he means that when there are two players and each has a firestorm, there's a possibility that one player will be able to activate/deactivate the other one's firestorm. I'm not sure but I think I encountered such issue once on multi as well.

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Zero.Zone - 13.04.2011

To 2#
4.Right.It seeemed very funny.

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - AlexB - 13.04.2011

Hi Zero.Zone,

the latest official Ares version is 0.1 P1 and most of the features you mentioned are only available in the beta versions, thus REs and other problems are to be expected. But for example, the harvesting animation issue has been fixed in revision 973 already and the chronoshift RE issue should be fixed since 986. I don't know about the Prism Forwarding RE, but recently there were changes made, too, to fix other problems, so maybe it's gone already.

The iron curtain on firestorm issue is known, but one could also argue "The firestorm is stronger than the iron curtain. Why doesn't the firestorm destroy IC'd units?". If we change it, most likely other people will complain.

The AI command is a debug feature. It is not intended to be used in oridinary gameplay.

Do I understand this correctly: If you activate your firestorm, all other players will have theirs activated, too?

If I sound impolite, then it might be because of the language barrier -- English isn't my native tongue. I don't by any means intend to be unfriendly or harsh to modders or anybody else. Maybe my answers are a bit terse.

Ares is a framework to be used by a broad range of modders. There are modders who want to create World War II mods, some want to recreate the older C&C games, some want to do something entirely new, some expand the YR universe, some aim to re-balance the game while staying faithful to the original. Ares tries to potentially help all of them.
I don't know about neither LH_Mouse's nor Kenosis' intentions, and I can only guess from the public pictures and videos GZ is expanding weapon firing modes primarily. On PPM there are pictures of large explosions and fancy effects, but I'm not sure they will help the general audience. (Not saying that all Ares features make sense in a WWII mod...)

Well,thanks for AlexB's reply.
I will try Chronoshift in multimode later.
It seemed that firestorm really stronger than IC,so don't mind what I say.
Though the latest public version is 0.1_P1,why don't you post the link of 1015(or the latest),or just I haven't seen it?
(13.04.2011, 14:34:47)Speeder Wrote: Ad4. I think he means that when there are two players and each has a firestorm, there's a possibility that one player will be able to activate/deactivate the other one's firestorm. I'm not sure but I think I encountered such issue once on multi as well.

Right.That was what I mean.You are Speeder,I'm BlueTiberium.(I've talked that problem to you)

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Nighthawk - 13.04.2011

You did get a reply from me, back when you were still BlueTiberium, where I advised you to give us some indication of your modding experience (i.e. a link to a page for a mod you're working on or something), because to be honest, you're new around here and I don't know you, so it's the only way I can gauge your suitability.

We may sound unfriendly, but that's only because we need to make sure that the people we hire can actually do the job they've been hired for. Ares has got bogged down in a swamp of inactivity in the past because the testers have got bored and left, or don't know what they're doing, or don't test everything. I'm strict on the hiring because experience has shown that we can't be too lenient.

(I'm also currently away at the minute, so I'll deal with any official business properly either tomorrow or Friday when I'm back).

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Renegade - 13.04.2011

If you have Prism Forwarding, you're using a testing version.
If you have a testing version, you lose your right to complain about instability.
So just report the bugs, provide the debug info, and suck it up.

If you want a stable experience, use 0.1 P1.

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Graion Dilach - 13.04.2011

(13.04.2011, 14:00:00)Zero.Zone Wrote: At first,I want to ask why the working group doesn't put the latest version of Ares on the website?
Second,I remembered sending a PM to NightHarwark,but why there's no reply?

Well,say something about Ares.
I'm from China and now I'm working on Ares.Though I think it has greater future than NP,but it seemed that the group isnt very friendly to modders and players.In fact,there are very few modders like to work on Ares,and they think there are less usful things in Ares(though I don't think so,but moderKENOSIS and LH_Mouse don't agrre with me.)

Hmm.. I missed this topic.

The reason Ares is hidden from the public is because it's still being developed. Like Gear Zero, it isn't public now, yet Kenosis still spams ECM logic on PPM. Just because he can.

To provide a stable and useful patch, we have to test through to find every errors. As the splashscreen says: "This is a development version. Bugs are to be expected." Stables don't expect bugs. And stables are public, only.

About Mouse and Kenosis, they only see the logic they need. And while they do create amazing features, many of those are complicated and I can't see the reason when can they be useful. (CyclicGattling) I don't really like the support they give. When I told Kenosis NPExt doesn't fix the "AircraftTypes+Railgun = IE" bug, he denied that bug's existance in the response. I can think about more ideas regarding PF and Reverse-Engineer than ECM right now. So yes, I keep myself to Ares. I never worked with NPatch, with RockPatch, never will with GZ. I have this, and this is all what I need.

Although Kenosis seemed to pick up 0.1 for a try.

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Zero.Zone - 14.04.2011

Hoo,a lot of replies.
To NightHarwark:I always forgot my past users' password,so pls reply to this user,thanks.I think I can do some work if you believe me,or just give some works.
To RenegadeOopsk,ok.
To Graion Dilach:In fact I dont agree with things what they like.ECM,OCL,and more...

So how can I prove my honest?..

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Orac - 14.04.2011

Quote:I advised you to give us some indication of your modding experience (i.e. a link to a page for a mod you're working on or something), because to be honest, you're new around here and I don't know you, so it's the only way I can gauge your suitability.

Doing that might aid your credibility and prove you're 'honest'

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Zero.Zone - 14.04.2011

Post it on moddb?Well,progress of my mod is following to the progress of Ares,and in fact,I'm not a modder,I just do better in codes and maps.

PS:moderKENOSIS said that "AircraftTypes+Railgun = IE" is wrong,there's no IE at all.

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - kenosis - 14.04.2011

@Graion Dilach
When I tried my Railgun on BEAG no IE occured.DO YOU NEED A PIECE OF SPAM VIDEO?If you wish,I'll bombard your inbox with SPAM videos to convince you!Thumbs up

So,I sense that there is different standart for "Complicated" thing.So if you think I am being arrogant and egoist as usual,that is because most "complicated" thing is simple for me.Should I still say"wow,so complicated!" all the time?Just not to make others feel better when they cannot understand?If you mean this,OK.

Most our features are useful only for the right people.If you cannot find any use rather than what is written in the manual,they are,of course,useless for you.Why the hell a gattling gun returns to stage 1? That's pointless! But how should a TwinBlade fire rockets,machine gun,rockets,machine gun?What is "firing 2 weapons at a time"?A short staged cyclic gattling,that's all.OH,that's too complicated to use though.

I know this is another piece of clue for you to say "this guy is a jackass".CryingCryingCryingCrying

RE: Well,first time to post here,say something about Ares. - Graion Dilach - 14.04.2011

Then mention it in the manual, please. As I said, I won't try out NPExt. I already use too much Ares to move on.

Aggressive and arrogant. That's my thought about you. I don't think more. Except when I see it annoying.

Regarding your style, I don't think Airburst is the answer for everything. Especially in your tutorials... for example, your mining tut includes 4 or 5 InfDeaths, I won't count it again. Don't tell me those are simple, when you write a page long code without explanation how it works or more importantly, why it works. I learn coding by understanding the logic behind it, c'n'p modding is not my style.

Even if I failed combining EMP with animation damage, I still explained my logic there. And if animation special effects are fixed, I'll update that one and fix it up to a version which keeps the promotion.

This is why I don't care about your tutorials. I see a confusingly huge amount of code... and a note it works. Why? How? What can I learn from it? Nothing, then.

My two cents.