Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTB Site Volume 3
As you may have noticed already (...), this page has a new layout.

Reason for this is a new News system, a new Download system, a Bug Report system and an Open Gallery that Renegade installed on STX.

News system
The news are finally forum-based.
This results in more frequent news from my side, because I've been too lazy to upload the whole thing everytime I had written something.
And that damn page refreshing issue is gone now, too. Big Grin Oh yeah, and I can finally use smileys with ease! :clap:

Download system
I've been bugged already, but the File Database - although it's ugly - saves a hell lot of work and centralizes all the files of the STX and Renegade Projects network.

Bug Report system
Now this is something really cool.
The BugTracker allows you to report bugs which I can view in an overviewable list!

No more being asked privately on MSN because of some small issue Smile
You can simply go in there and tell me all your problems, I'll check the thing out multiple times a day (in case I'm home).
If you encounter Internal Errors, please include the header and about 20 lines of the stack dump of your except.txt file!

Open Gallery
The open "Mods using RockPatch" gallery is a pretty cool thing.
If you're making a mod that is using the RockPatch, you can register there and put your r0x0r3d mod screenshots up Wink

RockPatch News
RockPatch 1.08 is in the works!

There's two definitive features at this time:
- Lightning storm clonable
- Fix of some bug that caused errors during loadup

The list will be kept updated Smile

RP Help
The help will stay in its old format until I have to edit it again.
I tell you, it's a damn lot of work to convert the pages from pure HTML to a CSS based format... Shift eyes
[Image: jsfml.png]
Great layout, I have to say...minimalistic, yes, but clean and missing nothing.

Not to forget how wonderful all of STX's new services are integrated Wink
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
i am confused, is 1.8 realesed somewhere or will pad keep adding things and fix bugs?
he's only recently started work on 1.08.
If there was a 1.8, it'd be in the File Fortress!

Plus, post says it's "in the works" Wink
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
ok, text time use easier english for noobs like me "We are working with Rock Patch 1.8"
its not easy for PD to do that because he isn't english. and its 1.08 not 1.8...
"RockPatch 1.08 is in the works" has nothing to do with "We are working with Rock Patch 1.8" btw... sense-wise...

So it's not my English which is confusing but yours (@ Guest).
I don't claim to speak a perfect English but I got an A in language (at school) and nobody ever complained about my English, except you, while you apparently don't speak a really good English either... :bleh:
[Image: jsfml.png]
yer, i was thinking that...
Psst, you can't speak "a English" Wink

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Pad, i didint say that your english was bad, i sayd that it was to good Big Grin
DCoder;date=Mar 10 2006, 03:28 PM;post=2397 Wrote:Psst, you can't speak "a English" Wink
Right - it'd have to be "an English" Wink

Translation glitch is probably due to the fact that "er spricht ein ganz gutes Englisch" (== "he speaks a fairly good English") in German is actually a valid construction.

Nevertheless, "he speaks English fairly well" ( == "er spricht ganz gut Englisch") is of course the better construction, in both languages.

Sorry...haven't been to school in a while :blink:
Forum Rules

Err, either "English" or "the English language", as I was taught - no "a" or "an" when referring to unique objects.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I was referring to the fact that, in English, if the word starts with a spoken vocal, you use "an" instead of "a". So no matter whether you use "an" with "English" or not, it'd definately be "an" and not "a" Wink
Forum Rules

Another exception rule in English... when referring to languages, or place names, you never use "a" or "an". I.e. would you ever say "I'm going to a Lithuania"? Nope. Would one say "A English is a nice language spoken in a UK"? ...no way...

It's only "The English Language" or just "English" Wink