Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue relationships
Since we recently had an episode of several requests succeeding each other as the "current" version of the actual request, I've looked into relationships and their customization options, and will make a few changes to the tracker.

For one, I finally got the relationship graphs running, allowing you an actual "overview" of how exactly a given issue is related to other issues on the tracker.
For #221 "Trenches", that looks like this:

Secondly, I will add a few new relationships - currently planned are
  • "is tracking bug of"/"has tracking bug"
  • "is update of"/"has update"
  • "is blocker of"/"is blocked by"
  • "is requirement of"/"requires"
feel free to suggest more. Smile

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like I can give normal users the right to set relationships, but even for passive consumption, the new relationships should make the web of issues clearer to understand.

DCoder edit: you accidentally a whole verb.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Thank you very much for your input, everyone. Tongue

New relationships to be used in the future are:
  • "is component of" → "has component", for issues which are split into multiple issues
  • "is update of" → "has update", for issues which completely replace previous issues
  • "requires implementation of" → "is requirement of", primarily for feature requests, where a feature request relies on the functionalities requested in a different issue, but is not a direct child/expansion of said request
  • "makes obsolete" → "made obsolete by", for situations where the implementation of one issue results in another issue no longer being required
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.