Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychic Beacon SuperWeapon (working)
Exclamation 
Hello, I'm new.

I've looked at the Ares website and it looks good. Is Ares an improvement (even better) than RockPatch? I have one main question about Ares, does it takeout this lag:
(This requires RockPatch 1.10 or NPatch Special Edition)
Code:
SWlist:
13=PsychicAmplifierSpecial2

Apply on random building:
SuperWeapon=PsychicAmplifierSpecial2

SuperWeaponlist:
[PsychicAmplifierSpecial2]
UIName=Name:PsyAmp2
Name=Psychic Amplifier Attack 2
IsPowered=true
RechargeTime=20
Type=PsychicDominator
Action=PsychicAmplifier2
SidebarImage=psybicon
ShowTimer=yes
DisableableFromShell=yes
DomCaptureAll=yes
DomCaptureBuildings=yes
;DomFirstAnim=
;DomSecondAnim=
DomFireAtPercentage=20
DomCaptureRange=99 ;Not sure if it will work, the limit on most ranges is 10.
DomCapture=yes
DomDamage=0
Warhead=ControllerBuilding2
ActivateSound=
Lighting=yes
LightRed=85
LightGreen=20
LightBlue=30
LightAmbient=120
LightGround=0
LightLevel=0
LightAmbientChangeRate=1
EvaDetected=EVA_PsychicBeaconDetected
EvaReady=EVA_PsychicBeaconReady

;possible
[Mouse Cursors]
PsychicAmplifier2=209,4,4,213,1,12345,12345

Try it, what happens to me is that the game freezes when I use it. The map changes to red and it freezes, sometimes it works, most of the time not. As seen on this movie it does work:
Click to claim.
It lags with me and an other friend, but not at a member of my forums. So it's pretty weird though.Jawdropping
Upcoming Mod:

[Image: omicronrevengelogo.png]
Are you dyslexic? Read the forum header. Notice the part where it says we do not offer NPatch support? It means that we will not assist or aid you in any way if you come crying about your stupid NPatch problem. And, no, being new does not excuse one from not being capable of noticing the top of the page, especially the section where it says in heading 1 font Behavior.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Well, I can tell you for sure that that doesn't cause any lag in Ares - superweapon clones don't work yet Big Grin 2

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
How about you tone it down, Electro?
That was unnecessary.

Especially considering that he explicitly also mentioned this working in RockPatch, and didn't actually ask for any help with NPatch, but requested information about Ares.
So yeah. STFU.

@ThePredator: As expressed in my recent news post, and mentioned by D above, super weapon clones don't work yet.
SW clones are currently scheduled for Ares 0.4; if you would like to make a case for them being moved up in priority, I think issue #199 would be the related issue.
Whether the schedule actually will change depends on the strength of your arguments and on the general community's support for your request.

In order to prevent this lag from happening, it would be interesting to hear which exact part causes it, especially given that it doesn't happen for one of your forum members.
Is it maybe the animation(s) that play(s)?
Is it the map lighting?
Is it the "size" of the weapon?
Does it still happen if all effects are turned off, and the weapon is punctual on one cell?

Pinpointing where the lag occurs in RockPatch and NPatch will allow us to watch closely not to introduce the same problem in Ares.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Well I have cloned the Psychic Dominator SW and changed its damage to 0, range to 99 (if not working, it will be 10) I also have deleted the animation of 'permanent' mind control (the purple-red circle above the units/structures) I think it is the mass of units which it lags at.
The lightning is OK and working. and the size of the weapon... Its just the psychic beacon. Doing nothing just carring the Psychicamplifierspecial2. It hasnt got a fire anim etc.
Upcoming Mod:

Well, the vanilla game does limit psydom range to 10... but with SW clones, depends on how pd/VK coded those. Does reducing the range to 2 or so remove the lag or not?

Ill give it a try, Ive got to go now. It will suck a lot if it depends on the range :? . That would be a fake promoted SW, but as I said, it doesnt lag with everybody though!
Upcoming Mod:

It works fine with range=2. And also with 25! Awesome! Got it working now. range was 99 and thats the lagging part.
Upcoming Mod:

Well, I don't know what the range sets, but if it's a circular area with a radius of 99, you told the game to check π*99² = 30790.75 cells.
A slight lag when operating on thirty thousands cells is not surprising.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Well, if you really want to go all-out, some of the game's map handling functions allow up to 512x512 maps... Big Grin 2

Whoops, my brain added a "not" in front of the "working". I thought you were asking for help about creating an NPatch-powered superweapon. Sorry.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Never mind Wink . Where do I post request features for Ares? I have some things to request, which many people would like.
Upcoming Mod:

How to request a feature.
Forum Rules