Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launchbase Syringe/Ares updating problems
Sorry for the delay on this guys, I'm pretty sure I've fixed the problem - it was a case of arsebrain on my part, that led to the syringe executable not being saved.
I've fixed that and am trying to upload the new Launch Base now, however I'm getting an error trying to connect to the FTP. Renegade, I've PM'd you about that.

I'll upload the new version as soon as I am able.

Edit:
Although the Ares RSS feed issue might not be fixed yet, I'm still looking at that but am constantly being pulled away on other responsibilities. I will get everything sorted as soon as possible!
Just had a chance to look at this a bit further. The reason why there are 2 queries for each URL is because the first query is just finding out the filesize. If we can't get that information then we don't proceed any further. If we do get that information then we proceed to download the page.
For Syringe, this works fine - we only lose the executable because I don't handle the output from the decompression properly (which will be fixed as soon as I can upload the new version).

Looking at the Ares RSS feed, we are trying to get the filesize using the following code:
Code:
Call thisInet.Execute(, "GET", , "Range: bytes=0-" & vbCrLf)
[wait a bit]
sBuffer = thisInet.GetHeader("Content-Length")
If Len(sBuffer) <> 0 Then GetRemoteFileSize = Val(sBuffer)
This returns a value for the Syringe url but for the Ares RSS feed I get nothing back, so sBuffer is an empty string. This used to work okay so Im not sure what is wrong on the Launch Base side.
I could try skipping this step and see if LB can successfully download the page...
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Launchbase Syringe/Ares updating problems - by Marshall - 03.05.2009, 16:24:18