Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Language Error
I just installed Launch Base on my new Vista installation this morning, and every time I start up Launch Base, I get this error:

But my YR is the English version, and I haven't had this issue under XP. I didn't install RA2 completely normally (had to copy the files from XP drive and adapt the registry entries since the installer refused to run), but my YR installation went perfectly normally.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Launch Base doesn't include a language check yet - waiting on DCoder DLL for that.

The reason why Launch Base wants to know your YR langauge (whereas for most people it doesn't care what language they have) is because your YR version is not 1.001 (so Launch Base will provide a check for updates option for this but needs to know which language of the patch to download, should you choose to download it).
Upgrade Yuri's Revenge to 1.001 and that message box will go away.

If you do already have version 1.001 then Launch Base hasn't detected this, most likely because you haven't created the registry entry for the version number.

As a side note, I will make Launch Base explicitly detect and warn about a missing registry entry.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.