Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiberium damage
So I looked at the code needed to make this work... It's a piece of cake to implement. Let's discuss what is needed for this.

Code:
[Riparius]
Damage.Warhead = ToxicWH
Damage.Amount = 100
Damage.Frequency = 30
would stand for "every 30 frames everything standing in Riparius gets damaged by 100 points of damage using a ToxicWH warhead.". Copy and paste into other tiberium types, tweak the warhead stuff as needed.

As for visceroids, it is quite trivial to spawn them, as long as there is a method to set certain things as unmutatable, like NotHuman= does for infdeaths (InfDeaths need their own topic, someone feel free to start one). I'm thinking Mutates=y/n or reusing NotHuman, thoughts?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Quote:as long as there is a method to set certain things as unmutatable
Isn't it more useful to set units mutatable instead of doing it vice versa?

Edit: Yes it is, didn't get your point. Mutates=no should be the default value.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
will the Tiberium related flags work, like TiberiumHeal=, TiberiumTransmogrify= and TiberiumProof=?
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
Use whatever was used in Tiberian Sun first. Doing something else would confuse people and is bad design. If the old system is inadequate, expanding it or supplying a second, more variable way to control who gets killed is a good idea - but breaking continuity by using a different flag than before is not a good idea.

(To illustrate my point, when I wrote that last half sentence, the name "VK" automatically came up in my head...that alone should be a warning sign.)
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Thing is, potentially every map produced in FA2 already has some of those old settings defined, which could possibly produce unwanted effects. I'd much rather come up with some new flags than give people a seemingly randomly malfunctioning feature. (That goes for things like ImmuneToVeins= too, every standard unit has that defined and any clone declared in a map could possibly deifne it at random.)

THAN we have to replace FA2. Wasn't this already a topic a long time ago?
Seriously: Isn't it useful to check if a ini/map is Ares compatible by looking for a Ares=yes tag (or similar) and if not existing throw a warning or not parse that file? Could avoid many problems also with old Rockpatch inis etc. ("Noob protection")
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
From the way I saw TS handle it, anything that died a tiberium related death became a visceroid, including vehicles in toxic gas. Would there be a way to make something take tiberium damage yet not mutate in this case?
So what's happening for this. Most of the tiberium effects can be emulated by giving "sparkle" an animation which spawns invisible clouds that deal damage with a warhead. The cloud causes a mutation death animation, turning it into a viscoroid. Anything that heals in tiberium just has an armour type that the tiberium WH has a negative versus value.

The problem is, sparkle (or whatever, it was a long time ago) plays constantly, only on the same spots that are randomly chosen at the start of the game/match and never stops, just visually dissappears if there's no ore present.
Since this was bumped and in case nothing was decided yet, why not implement damage as suggested for ore/tiberium types and have a warhead attribute "Is.Tiberium" to apply tiberium like mutation/healing effects along with Tiberium.Heal, Tiberium.Transmogrify and Tiberium.Proof? That way the flags are eerily familiar but not exactly the same to avoid problems with old TS flags already being randomly set?
Yeah, I think that would work.

Yeah sure, I'm for that.