Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of Bugs I've Found
Thanks for reporting these.

nathancnc Wrote:The Gap Generator seems to go "behind" any building animations (including the WF when a tank is coming out and any building fires) - bug leftover from 1.001
I think there are a few of these z-ordering issues still in the game. I'm not sure how to go about fixing these (fixing one issue often introduces another, sometimes more). If anyone comes up with a solution for this I'll gladly include it.

nathancnc Wrote:Has no string support for assault maps, or the playlist modifier (see pic - sorry they are small i'm on dialup)
That is actually an issue with Launch Base - presently Launch Base has no facility to generate the string table. This will be added as soon as DCoder's DLL is finished.

nathancnc Wrote:Also there are 3 added maps (also see pics) that have no map actually there... they are blank but are on the list.
That's down to the string table again. The maps aren't real maps, they are just fake maps so that there is a divider between different types of map:
desc:mapdiv1=------TEAM ALLIANCE MAPS----------
desc:mapdiv2=--------NAVAL WAR MAPS----------
desc:mapdiv3=----------CUSTOM MAPS----------

nathancnc Wrote:Assult maps when added, no one has the assault flags!
I will look into this.

nathancnc Wrote:When adding any of the music tracks there is no way to download them or enable ra2 (could be a useful feature to add - automatic download of music packs)
I plan to make soundtrack plugins available via Launch Base Check For Updates. I will get around to this eventually.
What do you mean by RA2? There is a button to copy the RA2 soundtrack from the CD.

nathancnc Wrote:Again installing YRPM has problems, and after installed, it still says not installed and does not show up on the tools menu
I will look into this.

nathancnc Wrote:It does not download the assault maps (or have the option to) I had a very hard time getting them as the cannis network downloads are down
Again, these need to be made available as plugins but I haven't got around to this yet. Strictly speaking I need to get permission from Cannis to host these outside of cannis.net

nathancnc Wrote:When I manually copy the two assault map pack into the RA2 folder, launch base removes them before running UMP or YR
Ha, yes because Launch Base isn't responsible for those files because they weren't installed by Launch Base - so Launch Base treats them as residual mod files and temporarily removes them. You could make your own plugin for these (although you'd have to enable dev mode to bypass the authentication).

nathancnc Wrote:When runnig YR (original) it moves movies02.mix into the backup folder - why does it do this
LB moves any non-stock file out the way. However, files from the CD are on a special internal list of files to leave alone.
Where does movies02.mix come from? LB recognises movies01, mov02 and mov03md. If movies02 is a stock file from the CD that I have missed somehow then I will add it to the list.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.

Messages In This Thread
List of Bugs I've Found - by nathancnc - 08.11.2008, 23:53:13
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by mt. - 09.11.2008, 07:49:46
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by Marshall - 09.11.2008, 15:31:37
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by DCoder - 09.11.2008, 15:40:35
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by nathancnc - 10.11.2008, 00:53:21
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by Marshall - 13.11.2008, 01:37:51
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by Renegade - 13.11.2008, 06:57:02
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by Marshall - 13.11.2008, 15:38:41
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by Guest - 13.11.2008, 22:58:20