Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] McRoo's front fell off
That's about the most epic smiley I have ever seen.

For the record, that image is actually specifically made for the McRoo Burger. There is actually a file named CDSYDN02.SHP in the isodesmd.mix file that bears this image. CLSYDN02 and CASYDN02 also exist, with this same image. Only three other buildings in the game have graphics like this AFAIK.

Point being, this is not a "generic building graphic" issue, since there IS a desert themed image for the McRoo burger. This is an issue of WW not finishing their work.

Also, this happens not only in RMG, but also in FA2YR.
Sounds like something for the UMP developer pack to provide a fix for to me.
Indeed it does. I'll update it when I have a mo.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
(26.08.2010, 05:38:22)WoRmINaToR Wrote: For the record, that image is actually specifically made for the McRoo Burger. There is actually a file named CDSYDN02.SHP in the isodesmd.mix file that bears this image. CLSYDN02 and CASYDN02 also exist, with this same image. Only three other buildings in the game have graphics like this AFAIK.
Not true.

1, the mcroo burger image shown does have it's own unfinished SHP, but said image is a generic 3x3 building block, used for all non-existent 3x3 buildings.

2. there are more buildings like that I'm sure, from a cursory glance through ra2md.mix.

either way, I'm glad the UMP is getting an update to reflect this.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
You obviously don't know what you're talking about... The McRoo burger is the only 3x3 building in the mixes that has this green block image. If you actually looked, you would know this.

Like I said, 3 other buildings share this image. One is a 2x2, one's a 4x4, and one's a 3x5.

And any other buildings that don't have appropriate image files for their artmd.ini entries appear blank/invisible; they do not show this image, if that's what you're suggesting (since you are being very vague in this).
CDLOND02
CDMOON01
CDSEAT01
CDSYDN01
CDSYDN02
CDSYDN03
CDTRAN03
CGLA02
CLLA01
CLLA02
CLLOND02
CLMOON01
CLSEAT01
CLSYDN01
CLSYDN02
CLSYDN03
CLTRANS03
CAEGYP01
CALA02
CALOND02
CALOND05
CAMOON01
CAMORR01
CAMORR02
CAMORR03
CASYDN01
CASYDN02
CTLOND02
CTLOND06
CTMOON01
CTSYDN01
CNLA02
CNLOND02
CNMOON01
CNSYDN01
CULA01
CULA02
CUMOON01 ; LOL CUM!
CUSYDN01

So yeah, there's a few more than 3.
thats all the buildings from YR that need new graphics for certain theatres, stuff like MOON01 seems not to have any kind of graphic at all, but it's here for posterity.
alright, you are right on that part, but your original statement (with the RMG screenshot), unless it was sarcastic in any way, is still wrong. These buildings specifically have said images written for the buildings in these theatres, which is why they show up with the graphics. Having all of your buildings in all theatres isn't necessary; subbed in my own mixes that didn't have those 'unfinished' graphics, and added CG*.shp files for the ones that are missing generic files, it all worked fine.

And for the record, more than just quite a few of those building graphics are not used anywhere in the game.

CDLOND02 --> Unused, completely commented out
CDMOON01 --> Can be found in rulesmd.ini, but for some reason cannot be placed in FA2 map editor
CDSEAT01 --> Space Needle. You ARE right about this one.
CDSYDN01 --> Unused, completely commented out
CDSYDN02 --> McRoo Burger, one I said.
CDSYDN03 --> Opera House. This was another one I had seen.
CDTRAN03 --> Yuri's Fort. Again, this was part of my original statement
CGLA02 --> Unused, completely commented out
CLLA01 --> Keegan's Fine Foods. You are right about this one too.
CLLA02 --> Unused, completely commented out
CLLOND02 --> Unused, completely commented out
CLMOON01 --> Can be found in rulesmd.ini, but for some reason cannot be placed in FA2 map editor
CLSEAT01 --> Space Needle. You are right about this one.
CLSYDN01 --> Unused, completely commented out
CLSYDN02 --> McRoo Burger, one I said.
CLSYDN03 --> Opera House. This was another one I had seen.
CLTRANS03 --> Yuri's Fort. Again, this was part of my original statement
CAEGYP01 --> I suppose I'll give you points for this one, it's rather strange though, why just one piece of the big pyramid was unfinished, and the rest weren't included.
CALA02 --> Unused, completely commented out
CALOND02 --> Unused, completely commented out
CALOND05 --> It appears you're right about this one
CAMOON01 --> Can be found in rulesmd.ini, but for some reason cannot be placed in FA2 map editor
CAMORR01
CAMORR02 --> You were right about the morrocco buildings
CAMORR03
CASYDN01 --> Unused, completely commented out
CASYDN02 --> McRoo Burger, one I said.
CTLOND02 --> Unused, completely commented out
CTLOND06 --> You appear to be right about this one
CTMOON01 --> Can be found in rulesmd.ini, but for some reason cannot be placed in FA2 map editor
CTSYDN01 --> Unused, completely commented out
CNLA02 --> Unused, completely commented out
CNLOND02 --> Unused, completely commented out
CNMOON01 --> Can be found in rulesmd.ini, but for some reason cannot be placed in FA2 map editor
CNSYDN01 --> Unused, completely commented out
CULA01--> Keegan's Fine Foods. You are right about this one too.
CULA02 --> Unused, completely commented out
CUMOON01 --> Can be found in rulesmd.ini, but for some reason cannot be placed in FA2 map editor
CUSYDN01 --> Unused, completely commented out

So yes, point taken, there are a few more than three, but only a few that I didn't see. Out of all of those, only... what, 7 of them (including ones I noticed beforehand) can even possibly be seen in-game?

It's very strange though... I found the CAMOON01 building in both rules and art entries, and it's listed in the [BuildingTypes] list... but I can't seem to even find it in the building placement list in Final Alert 2.
if you wanted CG* files to work, you'd actually have to delete the "generic" green block buildings from your YR mixes, not advisable, although WW should've done it before the game shipped anyway.

The list was mainly to help out Marshall, who's doing the UMP, and my statement of "generic" was not about its theatre, more about how its a stock 3x3 building shape, possibly "placeholder" would've been a better word to use, but whatever.
well if that is actually what you meant from the very beginning, then you worded your sentence horribly wrong (for instance, you specifically said 'make sure it's available in all threatres, or it will put a dummy building in place'), but whatever. It's really completely pointless to argue it at this point

Quote:if you wanted CG* files to work, you'd actually have to delete the "generic" green block buildings from your YR mixes, not advisable, although WW should've done it before the game shipped anyway.

That's actually exactly what I did. Except I was smart and made backups.
FA2 can place those buildings, but there are settings in its FAData.ini that prevent them showing up IIRC.
aaah, I'll look into that...
btw, it's only one building that I'm having this issue with... the rest are commented out completely from rules and art code.
Can I get some clarification on this one for the UMP?

As far as I can see, all the buildings mentioned are campaign or at least theater specific in any case, so should the UMP really be including replacements for the green block SHPs?
Remember that the UMP is only intended to fix bugs in the original game. However, if buildings are showing up because of, say, the RMG, then yes we should include them.

If you're making a map and want to include a building for another theater, shouldn't you include the replacement graphic in your mod? On the other hand, why would you have the Opera House on the desert theater? Better yet, why would you have Keegan's Fine Foods on the moon?

Does McRoo Burger show up on default settings in desert in the RMG (as a green block) ? If so then maybe that one should go in, but otherwise I'm inclined against fluffing up the UMP with files that most people would never see the benefit of.

I am thinking about a separate Ares version of the UMP mod but still not sure that these green block buildings are needed there...
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I think the McRoo burger and Yuri's Fortress should be fixed for all theatres. Keegan's Fine Foods is missing in more than just the Lunar theatre; most importantly it's missing from the Urban theatre. The Seattle Space Needle could also be looked at as it doesn't show in one or two theatres. Also, the first block of the egypt pyramid doesn't show in the Snow theatre; I personally wanted to put the great pyramid in a Snow theatre once, but awh well...

We can leave the rest as green blocks for now but we should make it known that we are doing this so that we can take requests from the community for specific buildings to be un-green-blocked.
I think it would be worth them being in the misc fixes that aren't included by default in UMP but are in the dev pack since people may want to use the building with the urban areas RMG.
I'd say some are worth it (why is there no arctic McRoo burger for example, doesn't it snow in australia?) whereas some some are not (urban areas on the moon is slightly odd to say the least, much less, it's not in the RMG yet) so yeah, i'd say go with most of the stuff that is placeable in at least on theatre, and leave the moon stuff "as is" unless you wanna just clone the generic structures where possible for those.

see also http://bugs.renegadeprojects.com/view.php?id=1220 as a possible workaround for this issue, but obviously it's not been implemented yet.