The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compatibility: changes that affect unmodded game
How should those changes be handled?

Examples of things I'm talking about:
  • Snow.ini median fix back in RP1.
  • Ticking Ivan Bomb image has 13 frames, the game was hardcoded to ignore the last one and only operate on the first dozen. When I made the image customizable (yep, works already), I didn't take that into account. I can rewrite the code to ignore the last frame, sure, but making sure that only happens to the default bombcurs.shp image and not to other ones is reaching to the "fixing idiotic bugs that are not my fault in the first place Bang head against wall" territory...
  • I just fixed a bug where all Rad Beams and Sonic/Magnetic Waves are drawn from PrimaryFireFLH regardless of which weapon slot actually fired them. It's a real bug, but fixing it revealed WW's laziness: Magnetron has no SecondaryFireFLH set! Meaning, with the fix, its secondary (anti-structure) wave gets drawn from a silly location.
  • I don't yet know how the game decides which transport ejects its passengers on destruction and which doesn't. I have written code to conditionally eject/paradrop passengers as well as the pilot, but I don't know what default values to use for the "can eject passengers" flag.

Thoughts?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3

Messages In This Thread
Compatibility: changes that affect unmodded game - by DCoder - 12.09.2008, 21:18:45