Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonic and the secret rings or how SEGA was owned by Nintendo
sony's playstation was also the cause of panasonic's 3DO failure. its built in Video decoder allowed many games to include recorded videos in an almost VCD format as FMVs, aswell as superiour graphics over most playstation games. however, to play an actual VCD you needed a hardware extention, another problem was the internal memory storage, there were a few games that would use upto and over 50% of your save space, and the memory extentions were almost non-existant. i hear there were only a hundred made in japan, and never exported. there was also a kinda cost issue, i supose its simular to 3DO being the older version of the PS3(expensive, and packed with probably un-necasary features. also, due to the CD tray, it was more expensive than the dreamcast and playstation flip lid.), verses the playstation, dreamcast and N64, the older XBox and Wii. the N64 being the only 1 not using CDs. also, unlike the playstation and dreamcast, the 3DO disks were directly copyable in a PC(i made a copy of road rash as a backup, and to my suprise, it worked perfectly when i placed it inside my 3DO). I've also been unable to find a 3DO emulator, i saw a few 3DO ISA cards on ebay, but that requires extra hardware to play your 3DO games on a PC, you might aswell have a seperate 3DO.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonic and the secret rings or how SEGA was owned by Nintendo - by Bobingabout - 12.12.2006, 13:40:18