Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: Multiple non-conflicting mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
CnCVK Wrote:My opinion:
*add "record game" option
*remove "Run in window"

Remove run in window? It's in the main options, if you don't wanna use it you don't have to. It's off by default.

Record game option is already in the main options, do you mean an option to temporarily turn it on via the command line?
if you use it to debug, why do you want to get rid of it?
More updates on my DLL: MIX part is almost complete, I figured out LeechKiller's protection, and I also found another protection method that renders XCC tools helpless against that particular MIX without making it unusable by the game. I prefer to use that instead of LK's method, so my plan is for the DLL to be able to create both XCC-compatible and XCC-incompatible MIXes, but not LK-protected. And the extraction function should refuse to extract stuff from either type of protected MIXes, at least in public builds. Is that satisfactory?
Amazing. Simply amazing.

Update on Launch Base:
Almost 100% done. All that remains is to integrate DCoder's DLL.
DCoder, if you could give me some details of the appropriate DLL calls that would be great - then I'd just be waiting on the release of the DLL itself.
Some other minor bits here and there are still needed but nothing major.

The install-maker is the next thing that needs doing, which I'd like to finish before releasing Launch Base. However, Launch Base will be ready for beta testing before that.

Latest updates:
1. Screenshots are handled in the same manner as videos (automatically reindexed where appropriate).
2. On saving a video file, you are prompted for a short description - this is used in conjunction with a timestamp and mod version for the filename. When playing a video, you will be warned and asked if you are sure that you wish to run a video that does not have the appropriate mod version stamp.
3. When launching an FA2 Mod, you can choose to integrate the TX FA2 Mod at the same time (certain restrictions apply). This option can now be activated via a command line parameter ("LaunchBase.exe -game myFA2mod -tx")
4. Development mode activated by command line argument to compile modfiles (shp, ini, vxl, etc) into appropriate mix files ("LaunchBase.exe -dev"). By default, Launch Base will not compile mix files, the install-maker should be used for this.

Plans for possible future development:
1. Mod lists organised alphabetically by Mod Name, rather than by mod folder (shouldn't be too difficult)
2. Customisable skins for main Launch Base window.
Sorry, I haven't finalised that part yet, as there's still functionality (CSF) to implement and bugs to find/squish. I'll arrange beta-testing next week and provide you the necessary info and the DLL at that time.
Launch Base update

Fourth tab added: Tools
Allows user programs (like the Playlist Manager) and mod developer tools (like, say, DCoder's AI editor) to be organised within Launch Base for easy access.
No special actions, just lists Tool details and launches chosen program.
If specified as a User tool rather than a Mod tool, a link to the program will appear on the Tools menu.

New Program feature: File > Change Skin > ...
Limited graphical skin options for the main window only.
Can change the basic background/tab image for each of the four tabs and define text colours. Not particularly important, just a little bit of fun Smile

Feature enhancement: -dev
When using dev mode (command line activated), Launch Base will automatically compile modfiles into mix files where appropriate.
Dev mode now also forces Persistant Mods to off and Exhausitve Recompile to ON (without changing the program preferences).

Other misc enhancement:
Mod lists now displayed alphabetically by mod name instead of by subfolder name (unmodded
Can you release info about skin options/format/stuff?
...if I can't code anything, I might as well just skin it. Wink
Well it's possibly something that is going to change slightly over time, however if you are willing to work under those conditions then great!
At present, the skin just comprises of 4 images (one for each tab) which the controls are then slapped on top of - so it's nothing fancy.
Some of the text colours are also customisable using an ini file.
I plan to make the command buttons accept optional images too - but the lists will not allow images. Only the main window will be customisable in this way - the other windows (options, update check, etc) will not be 'skinnable'.
I could really do with a stock skin in RA2 style.

I'll upload a zip [probably tomorrow afternoon] containing the current default skin which you can then play around with. Of course, the effect in-program won't be clear until it is released for beta testing (although, that should happen fairly soon once I get a few minor things perfected and DCoder provides his dll)
Marshall Wrote:[...] I could really do with a stock skin in RA2 style.

I'll upload a zip [probably tomorrow afternoon] containing the current default skin which you can then play around with. [...]
If you throw a screenshot of the current state of the program in that zip, and can try doing a RA2-themed complete skin...
Special wish to your "Launch Base"
Can you check YR version not by registry key, but as file size for example?
it very irritates me Unhappy
Well, it should be possible. However, I need the registry keys in order to find the RA2 folder, so why not use the registry for the YR version?

Renegade, attached is a default skin, as well as a screenshot of a quick mockup I did of an alternate skin.
Command buttons not skinnable for the time being, the easy way looks awful and the hard ways is too time consuming for me.
ooookay. So how do I add my own Super Mario highscore in the background?
DCoder, how are things going with the dll?

I *think* Launch Base is done apart from the help files and integrating the dll.
I have got a list of things that may be improved/added in a later version, but it's certainly ready for beta testing once the dll is in there.

I am making good progress with the modified Install-Maker (now 'Launch Base Mod Creator').
The main thing still to be done is Update-Only installers, although I may leave this until a future version as it's a surprisingly big thing to implement.
CnCVK Wrote:Special wish to your "Launch Base"
Can you check YR version not by registry key, but as file size for example?
it very irritates me Unhappy

R:ROTC also checks the registry, as marsh said, its the only way to find the installation folder, so, might aswell use it for version too.(plus its the only way I can check it, my installer can only check ini files and registry keys.)
Sorry, real life is going to be a pain in the ass this week. (I have been spending time on rewriting the dll to make it leaner and faster, and right now it can extract and repack the entire ra2.mix in under two minutes.) I'll do my best to get it done, but I don't wish to make promises.

I have seen a new problem with the xcc-incompatible MIXes - FS/FA2 use unmodified XCC code to load MIXes and fail to read such mixes. While this is just an inconvenience to most mods, for TCs and other terrain-tweaking mods it will be a big problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16