Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I might be able to write a program that pd can use to generate future patchers, given that we're going back to the old restore method of keeping a gamemd.exe backup (after 1.08, there will be no unpatch facility, only a restore backup facility), this shouldn't be too hard, but it might take a while.

However, I am really strapped for time right now so it will be a while before I can look at doing this.
hope you have time to create a 1.08 soon
The 1.08 patcher is ready to go, I just need the new gamemd.exe to generate the patch - a 30 minute job.
Yes PD is right, I think: better fix all errors in 1.09 patchSmile
@PD You have received GAMEMD.EXE?
i think you should fix importand bugs for 1.09,like if a unit have a buildlimit of 1 and you have many warfactory, the AI ingore and build 2 or 3 of it, and debris bug is importand imo and also air to air combat
It's not a bug... it's normal Smile
BTW, AI can build ALL things with TechLevel > 0.
CnCVK Wrote:It's not a bug... it's normal Smile
BTW, AI can build ALL things with TechLevel > 0.
not quite true, there are some limitations.

true that the AI ignores buildlimit.

the AI follows prerequisite on buildings, so, won't build a building that has a prerequisite it doesn't meet, unless its on an overide tag, like powerplant or refinery, or basedefences. and it won't build things from the wrong AIBasePlanningSide or without an AIBuildsThis=yes

also it won't build things it can't build due to owner tags. and country spacific tags.
Quote:the AI follows prerequisite on buildings, so, won't build a building that has a prerequisite it doesn't meet, unless its on an overide tag, like powerplant or refinery, or basedefences. and it won't build things from the wrong AIBasePlanningSide or without an AIBuildsThis=yes
Yes, power plants build is hard codedSmile
I changed "HumanPlayer" variable to AI house and it workLOL
(I see ALL units cameos in sidebar: Soviet, Yuri, Allied)
reading through the rules i found something interesting to me

the tags:
Helipad=yes
on airfields and:
ConstructionYard=yes
on construction yards and:
WeaponsFactory=yes
on both naval yards and war factories and:
Naval=yes
WaterBound=yes
on naval yards to deal with placement and to differentiate between war factory and naval yard. unfortunatly, this only differentiates between the 2, meaning you can only build 1 unit at a time.

and a really odd thing is:
GDIBarracks=yes
NODBarracks=yes
YuriBarracks=yes

so... why are there 3 different Barracks=yes tags, and what is so important between them?

there are also the 4 main types:

[InfantryTypes]
[VehicleTypes]
[AircraftTypes]
[BuildingTypes]

and their apropriate factory types:
Factory=InfantryType
Factory=BuildingType
Factory=UnitType
Factory=AircraftType

is there some way to create multiple buildtypes of each catagory, to allow multiple units from the same [*Types] to be built at once, such as warfactory and navalyard, barracks and kenal, and each of these 6 for the various the 4 different sides, plus neutral.

I'm not asking you to do it, just if you think it could be possible. note, you can already force units to come from different factories using the Owner tag. however, as i've pointed out before, its kinda pointless if only 1 factory can build at any 1 time.

also, i've had an idea about the PrerequisiteMisc##=.
instead of adding 100 PrerequisiteMisc clones, do like what PD did with Actions, add a [NewGlobalPrerequisites] with a list:

[NewGlobalPrerequisites]
AlliedFactories=GAWEAP,EAWEAP
SovietFactories=NAWEAP,VAWEAP
YuriFactories=YAWEAP,PAWAEP
CDAFactories=TAWEAP,RAWEAP
AlliedBarracks=GAPILE,EABRCK
SovietBarracks=NAHAND,VABRCK
YuriBarracks=YABRCK,PABRCK
CDABarracks=TABRCK,RABRCK
CNST=GACNST,NACNST,YACNST,TACNST,EACNST,VACNST,PACNST,RACNST
YARD=GAYARD,NAYARD,YAYARD,TAYARD,EAYARD,VAYARD,PAYARD,RAYARD
DEPT=GADEPT,NADEPT,YAGRND,TADEPT
TECHA=GATECHA,NATECHA,YATECHA,TATECHA
CDAHighTech=TALLAB,TAFLAB,TASLAB

then using Prerequisite=AlliedFactories would mean GAWEAP or EAWEAP. this is simular to how [Sides], [Colors] and PD's [MousePointers] works.

also makes it easier for the modder because they don't have to remember what upto 100 different numbers mean.
Quote:so... why are there 3 different Barracks=yes tags, and what is so important between them?
Nothing... (In unit exit code from Barracks)
Quote:on both naval yards and war factories and:
Naval=yes
I saw special code which detect "Naval" tag on WeaponsFactory
Quote:is there some way to create multiple buildtypes of each catagory, to allow multiple units from the same [*Types] to be built at once, such as warfactory and navalyard, barracks and kenal, and each of these 6 for the various the 4 different sides, plus neutral

Naval yard are using special code and another building queue.
But when I play with AI on my side he build ZEP when I build APOC..it's funny LOL
Quote:also, i've had an idea about the PrerequisiteMisc##=.
instead of adding 100 PrerequisiteMisc clones, do like what PD did with Actions, add a [NewGlobalPrerequisites] with a list:
Good idea.
But need a lot of code...Bang head against wall
One little question Wink
Can you re-add infantry death on ore/tiberium? Or this code fully deleted from ra2/yr?
I saw it already, but this have deleted fullyUnhappy
and main MapSel code, too
Any chance of porting stuff like that from TS? Stuff like Ice logic as well?
by ice logic i assume you mean frozen rivers, lakes, oceans, with ice cracking?
what else should he mean...

tiberium damage isn't too hard to bring back since it's just a bit of damaging code (just a function call), while ice logic is much more complicated (pretty complex in ts code, but nothing's left in yr).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19