Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: RockPatch 1.08 - Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
You may want to think about modifying the a copy FA2 editor. So it more use friendly to some of the changes you are making. Sort of a modder version.
note, unit limit of 200 is awsome!!! however, this is kinda pointless unless you also fix the maximum of 74 cameos per list.

also, not trying to tell you what to do, but could you have a look at the new prerequisite system?

however, imo, top priority should be to finish the savegame stuff to get 1.08 out ASAP, then start adding new features again for a 1.09.
BTW I can do 300 units limit but I save CPU / memorySmile
Now working on saving codeBang head against wall

it would be better if you rasied to 999, and now when save games are done, whats left of the patch?
I write code which now swizzle pointers Smile
200 units normal
Maybe, 300 more betterWink
but exist 74-units bugUnhappy
Bobingabout Wrote:however, imo, top priority should be to finish the savegame stuff to get 1.08 out ASAP, then start adding new features again for a 1.09.

I agree, if you keep adding new stuff this will never get out.
CnCVK Wrote:I write code which now swizzle pointers Smile
200 units normal
Maybe, 300 more betterWink
but exist 74-units bugUnhappy

so, have you changed to 300 yet? it would be better so you can make 6th side lol

and pd know little about 74-unit bug, ask him
something that seems logical to me is 250 or 255. because thats within a "Byte" limit. and according to PD, search for the number 76 for the 74 units bug, aparantly this is stored in a signed byte. this would want changing to an unsigned byte, and allow a new limit of 255 max. if the number of buildable units is the same or less than the number of cameos per tab, then people would never need to worry about the "Whiteboy" 74 units bug ever again.

even with 4 sides, nobody should top 250 units.(unless RP allows for more than 4 sides.) currently, R:ROTC has 4 sides, and another 4 "Hero" sides in a mod i'm working on called "Revolution: Battle of the Heros". the original intention for R:BOTH was to encorperate it into R:ROTC, however, there wasn't enough unit slots, nor a complex enough prerequisite system to allow it. this is because certain structures and units wanted to be shared between the normal side and the hero side, while maintaining a very split tech tree. IE, new construction yard, new barracks, new war factory, but same ore refinary, in most cases the same power plant and radar, but einstein wants a new powerplant, and a standard radar instead of an airport. this could probably be done using purely country spacific overides, however we wanted einstein and allied to still be able to build each others units if a war factory or barracks or construction yard was captured.

i think i forgot to comment on the Tech Level Slider earlier. R:ROTC was going to "Cheat" when it came to missions and turn units on and off by tweaking the missions tech level. therefore all sides in R:ROTC are more or less ballanced in the tech level issue. however, apart from the fact that i've been neglecting it recently, and might have broken a few items with recent tweaks and adjustments, R:ROTC would make use of this feature, but i'd definitly want it to be optional. because as said, not everyone has done what i've done, and the defaults in yuri's revenge are a complete mess. which reminds me... was i writing tech level numbers in my new unit guide... because if this slider gets in, it would be vital info imo.

if you are looking for more options to add to there, how about "Multi Engineer"? this is where a building is only captured if an engineer enters at red health, if an engineer enters with more then red health, they damage the building by 25%. in CnC and RA1, it was comman to capture a building using 4, 5 or 6 engineers, 4 to capture(a 5th to fully heal, a 6th would be incase the enemy tried to repair the structure after the first engineer entered, because this would result in the 4th engineer damaging the structure by 25% because it would have more than 25% health remaining), or to capture by attacking a building untill it was in red health, then stop the attack and send in 1 or 2 engineers. the second would fully heal the structure.
I have some difficulties because PD when he was doing it, he did not think about saving at allUnhappy
But I have good ideaSmile
TechLevel slider you can show / hide as you want, using ShowTechLevelSlider=yes/no tag
Current limit is 200 units.
200 units is more than enough - its double what we would otherwise have!
good job on the optional tech slider. What is default? It should be 'no'. RP was not meant to change the game unless accompanied by a mod (RMG is the only exception)
Multi Engineer logic are has remained from TS, was disabled only menu itemSmile
So, I simply add check box and some codeSmile
BTW, string GUI:MultiEngineer exist in ra2md.csf!
Working on save code nowBang head against wall
Btw, with these gui changes, are you leaving enough room for the multiplayer chat box? Actually, are these options even being made available in multiplayer or is this only working in SP skirmish?

what is multi engineer?
Bobingabout Wrote:how about "Multi Engineer"? this is where a building is only captured if an engineer enters at red health, if an engineer enters with more then red health, they damage the building by 25%.

Please try to read before posting.
It work only in SP skirmishWink
But anybody tried to play in LAN or Internet with RockPatch?
Theoretically it not possible, because global variables and another new stuff is not sent to another computer(s)Unhappy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19