Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating magbeam effect in pure RA2
As the topic title suggest, I'm interested in creating something similar to Magnetron's weapon from YR; "colored line from the attacker to the target with a kind of 'wave' effect"; in pure RA2. I'm not really sure whether this is possible or not, but I thought that asking in good manner is never a bad idea.

Maybe there's a way to do it using "IsSonic=yes" command?

From Deezire's tutorial:

IsSonic=
Can be set to 'yes' or 'no' and specifies that the weapon and warhead utilize an internal routine that draws a colored line from the attacker to the target with a kind of 'wave' effect. This is only used by the Dolphin in Red Alert 2 (it is modified code from the Disruptor in Tiberian Sun). It is not known if the line can be made continuous (as in Tiberian Sun) rather than 'broken', although the IsMagBeam=yes tag on a weapon in Yuri's Revenge creates a similar effect.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help.
No chance unless you hack the sonic beam's properties in the exe.
[Image: jsfml.png]
pd Wrote:No chance unless you hack the sonic beam's properties in the exe.

Oh, I see. I'm not a programmer, can't do that. If this is only copy/paste operation from gamemd.exe (magbeam settings) could someone in freetime be so kind to make that change? I would greatly appreciate any effort.
LOL
Blade Wrote:LOL

Why are you laughing? There's a Rockpatch and NPatch for YR and nothing that expands engine of pure RA2. There are people who dislike YR, its bugginess.

If this isn't really a big deal why not modify the exe of pure RA2 by adding feature that could bring something new to game world? The only thing that is essential is someone willing to help - definitely not the one who's able only to type three letters in his post.
LOL

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
LOL
[Image: judeausig.png]
[Image: justice_194.png]
I knew I should have left the note about the exe...
[Image: jsfml.png]
malashka,
Modifying the exe is not easy, only a handful of people have an idea how to do this. Any work pd does on the RockPatch is for YR and always will be, as YR is the more recent version of the engine. Any developments will be for YR not RA2.

No idea what you mean by YR's 'bugginess' - there aren't a huge lot of bugs in YR, but if anything RA2 has more.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Oh come on dudes, this guy asked very friendly, no reason to bash him.

lol
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Marshall Wrote:malashka,
Modifying the exe is not easy, only a handful of people have an idea how to do this. Any work pd does on the RockPatch is for YR and always will be, as YR is the more recent version of the engine. Any developments will be for YR not RA2.

No idea what you mean by YR's 'bugginess' - there aren't a huge lot of bugs in YR, but if anything RA2 has more.

Thanks for the normal reply Marshall. I do know that modifying the exe is not easy, I just thought that this might be a copy/paste operation because this feature already exists in YR. As I stated before - if this is a big deal, than ok, nevermind. Some people here, a so called veterans of this small community, have such a good sense of humour.. or maybe this is only a childish behaviour? Wink Nonetheless thanks for all the help, best regards,

malashka
LOL

YR added it AFTER RA2. this means its deffinitly going to require hacking to move it over to RA2, and most likely very very difficult, and rather hard even for someone like PD. and since YR is newer and has this anyway, why bother?

thats why everyone is going "LOL" at you, its un-necesary work, how can we not?
You suggest things like copy and paste... if it was that easy don't you think someone would have done it by now? It was a laughably stupid suggestion that showed you really had no idea of what it is you were asking. The fact I replied with nothing more than LOL should have suggested to you that it was a stupid suggestion and probably required more knowledge and insight on your part.
For future reference, if you ever get a reply like this on the internet again you should think to yourself "hmm, this guys an ass, but might know something I don't, I'd best make sure I know what I'm talking about before I reply so I can put him in his place". The internet is a lawless place with knowledge and sarcastic wit the pistols of this wild frontier. Don't go out without being sufficiently armed.
Don't forget the hitchhiker's guide to the internet.

As was said earlier, YR is preferred as far as exe hacking goes because it has several logics RA2 does not, and can do anything RA2 can, short of old TS logics. If you point out what the bugginess of YR is, there are chances someone will fix that in the future. If you don't, well, you're stuck.

Blade Wrote:The internet is a lawless place with knowledge and sarcastic wit the pistols of this wild frontier. Don't go out without being sufficiently armed.
Awesome.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
DCoder Wrote:
Blade Wrote:The internet is a lawless place with knowledge and sarcastic wit the pistols of this wild frontier. Don't go out without being sufficiently armed.
Awesome.
Indeed. We need to quote that somewhere prominent on the index.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.