Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Launch Base Beta Test
LABEL/BUTTON UDATE BUG (Minor bug)
After installing a plugin, the Status label isn't updated.
Same after installing a RP version and chaning back to mods tab, button is still deactivated.
UNINSTALL WINDOW BUG
After uninstalling a plugin, the LB window disappears to the background.
SHUTDOWN BUG
When running, LB prevents a computer from shutting down. Just nothing happens except other running programs quit.
RP REQUIRED VERSION TWEAK
In case a mod needs a version of RP, isn't it possible to install it automatically when launching this mod?
MC LOGO BUG
The filename of a logo you chose in MC won't be renamed to banner.bmp, so it's not shown in LB
MC UNINSTALL LIST BUG or LB REMOVE BUG
When uninstalling a mod, LB forgets to remove the 'banner.bmp'. Or, MC forgets to add it to the uninstall list.
But after adding 'banner.bmp' to the uninstall list, LB is still unable to remove an empty 'video' folder.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Four days passed since my last post, so I guess a double post should be tolerable.

I've got an idea Marshall, I you could improve the ModCataloque. The problem of the ModC is, that it depends on your activity if it's up to date - there's only one 'non-Marshall' (my plugin Smile ) and the informations are already out-of-date. What happens if the Catalogue contains 20 on more entries? You have to maintain all changes and this could be pretty annoying. Mabe you should only write the following stuff to your ModCatalogue File:

Name=NameOfThisMod
InfoURL=http://www.linktoafile.com/which_contains_general_information.inf
DownloadURL=http://www.linktoafile.com/which_is_the_setup.exe
VersionURL=http://www.linktoafile.com/the_normal_update.upd

So all stuff that changes with time could be edited by the mod creator.
Opinion?

Edit:
Electro Wrote:It's tolerable, not tolerateable.
gordon-creAtive Wrote:So all stuff that changes with time could be edited by the mod creator.
Opinion?
This is how it should have been from the beginning.
[Image: hiatus.png]
That requires an active internet connection to work, or it'll outdate either way.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
The Mod Catalogue is hosted @ Marshall's Homepage so you need an Internet connection for it anyway
It's tolerable, not tolerateable.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Version 0.99.0018 [not yet released]
Fixed crash on startup if InstallPath registry entry missing.
Plugin status label would show a 'hand' cursor on mouse over. Fixed.
Plugin status label would sometimes not be correct on startup. Fixed.
After installing or uninstalling a plugin, the plugin status label was not updated. Fixed.
Verbose Log is no longer available from options menu as this is for debug only. This is now a command line parameter "-verbose"
Added new option 'Initialise Log'. If checked, this option will erase the existing log file every time Launch Base starts.
Added new option 'Automatic RockPatch'. This option will automatically install the version of RockPatch required for the mod you are launching (if you have the required version). If the mod you are launching does not require the RockPatch then the RockPatch will be uninstalled.
Added a new flag for RockPatch plugins that tells Launch Base how backwards-compatible the RopckPatch plugin is. Note that the RP-Gen tool used by pd has not been updated to make use of this new flag yet, but it will in time.
Updated help files.

gordon-creAtive Wrote:After uninstalling a plugin, the LB window disappears to the background.
This doesn't happen for me. May be an XP-only thing. Will hopefully be getting my new computer very soon so can test this.
gordon-creAtive Wrote:The filename of a logo you chose in MC won't be renamed to banner.bmp, so it's not shown in LB
Have fixed this, will release new version of LBMC soon.
gordon-creAtive Wrote:But after adding 'banner.bmp' to the uninstall list, LB is still unable to remove an empty 'video' folder.
Can you give me an example of where LB won't remove an empty 'video' folder? I can't seem to replicate this.
gordon-creAtive Wrote:Same after installing a RP version and chaning back to mods tab, button is still deactivated.
Haven't checked this yet. I suspect my recent changes will have already resolved this but I will double check.
gordon-creAtive Wrote:The problem of the ModC is...
You're absolutely right. It makes no sense for the mod catalogue to contain many of the fields that it does. I will look at what changes need to be made. I suspect that a separate info file will be used and the url to the info file will be all that gets stored in the Mod Catalogue.
This will mean that the Mod Catalogue does not work at all without an Internet connection, but it doesn't do an awful lot as it is without an Internet connection so I don't think that matters.
gordon-creAtive Wrote:When running, LB prevents a computer from shutting down. Just nothing happens except other running programs quit.
Same problem happens for me, not sure why. I will look into this.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Marshall Wrote:Can you give me an example of where LB won't remove an empty 'video' folder? I can't seem to replicate this.
Try uninstalling one of the RP versions that were installed with my plugin. I just reproduced this again.
I swear I posted here on Wednesday. Oh well.

Code:
Launch Base:
Version 0.99.0018 [2007-11-03]
Fixed crash on startup if InstallPath registry entry was missing.
Plugin status label would show a 'hand' cursor on mouse over. Fixed.
Plugin status label would sometimes not be correct on startup. Fixed.
After installing or uninstalling a plugin, the plugin status label was not updated. Fixed.
After installing or uninstalling a plugin, prerequisites for the selected mod were not re-evaluated. Fixed.
Verbose Log is no longer available from options menu as this is for debug only. This is now a command line parameter "-verbose"
Added new program option 'Initialise Log'. If checked, this option will erase the existing log file every time Launch Base starts.
Added new program option 'Automatic RockPatch'. This option will automatically install the version of RockPatch required for the mod you are launching (if you have the required version). If the mod you are launching does not require the RockPatch then the RockPatch will be uninstalled.
Added a new flag for RockPatch plugins that tells Launch Base how backwards-compatible the RopckPatch plugin is. Note that the RP-Gen tool used by pd has not been updated to make use of this new flag yet, but it will in time.
Added new game option 'Campaign Speed Control'. This option will enable the speed control in campaign games.
If a mod does not require the RockPatch then it must be uninstalled before the mod can be launched (this is in light of announcements made by pd regarding RockPatch2).
Fixed bug where Windows' shut down would be cancelled if Launch Base was running.
Fixed bug where the main Launch Base window would lose focus after uninstalling a plugin.
Can now right-click on website hyperlink to copy the url to the clipboard.
Fixed crash that could occur if Recompile Mods was turned on.
Improved splash screen progress bar.
Mod Catalogue will now get most of its information from a mod's update check file. Mod authors who have a mod listed in the catalogue will need to update their update check file using the information provided in the help topics of the latest version of Launch Base Mod Creator.
Removed some redundant verbose logging.
Updated help files.

Launch Base Mod Creator:
Version 0.99.0007 [2007-11-03]
Installers will now make sure that Launch Base or other installers are not running.
Banner image will now be extracted as <banner.*> regardless of the original filename.
Updated help files.

gordon-creAtive Wrote:LB is still unable to remove an empty 'video' folder.
The LB uninstall routine is not very smart, it needs to be told to expect an empty folder at a certain point. LBMC generates a list of files and folders as it finds them - Launch Base works backwards through the list. Your list should read as follows:
Code:
[Uninstall]
1=video
2=video\expandmd02.mix
3=video\gamemd.exe
4=launcher\banner.bmp
Lines=4
If you were to put video at the end of the list then LB would display an error message complaining that there are residual files in the video folder.
--Lysdexia

RESTART LB BUG
Every time LB starts itself after a setup or update for example it quits with the message
Code:
Run-time error '53':
File not found: 'splash.bmp'
The splash.bmp exists and this doesn't happen when starting LB manually.

MC UPDATE BUG
The MC update didn't appear in the "check for updates" window, I had to update it manually.

MOD CREATOR COLOR BUG (?)
When trying to change the Log Window color, a keypress counts for both digits (e.g. "2" becomes "22"). Is this a bug?

UPDATE SETUP BUG
I tested my RPMI update which uses the standart MC setup, after LB downloaded the file and started it LB wasn't closed and screwed up completly.
(Test it by setting RPMI version in liblist.gam to 1.0)
gordon-creAtive Wrote:MC UPDATE BUG
This is because the update check url is wrong. I have temporarily uploaded a new update check file that will get around the problem. After the next update the url will be correct.

gordon-creAtive Wrote:MOD CREATOR COLOR BUG (?)
No that's intended. I can't quite remember why, but in general the RGB hex codes should always be like pairs.
If you need to put different characters in, you will need to paste them from the clipboard using Ctrl+V.

gordon-creAtive Wrote:RESTART LB BUG
Fixed in version 0.99.0019 (available now)

gordon-creAtive Wrote:UPDATE SETUP BUG
I can't test this at the moment because your update check file appears to be pointing to the wrong installer. Have I got the correct update check file in the Mod Catalogue?
--Lysdexia

Marshall, there happened something strange... I just try to reproduce it.
I changed some options, tried some stuff, and suddenly RA2 disappeard from the mod menu. Even a restart didn't work. Also unmodded YR required suddenly RP 1.10. ?!?
Wait for updates!

Edit: I can't reproduce it. But I'm sure LB messed up with the ini files, because I had Nighthawks mod installed which requires RP 1.10.
Version 0.99.0020 [2007-11-04]
Fixed bug where splash screen progress bar would sometimes not be updated correctly.
Fixed bug where Launch Base would restart instead of close before running a setup program.
Fixed bug on Windows 95/98/ME where Mod Details would not always be updated when clicking on different entries in the Mod Catalogue.
After loading the Mod Catalogue the first entry in the list will no longer be selected by default as this caused Launch Base to download the mod's details when they might not be needed.
Fixed crash that could occur in the Mod Catalogue if the user switched between entries too quickly.

gordon-creAtive Wrote:I can't reproduce it. But I'm sure LB messed up...
I think this was caused by LB re-running the initialisation routine instead of closing. I can't replicate it either now so I suspect 0.99.20 will have resolved this.
--Lysdexia

SMALL LOADING BAR TWEAK
The loading bar isn't centered, there are some pixels to much at the right.
On my screen it appears to be centered. I've looked through the code and can't see how the bar would ever not be complete. Can you post a screenshot? When "Initialisation complete" appears in the LiveLog window you should have just enough time to take a screenshot. If you can't take a screenshot, you could try a screen capture program like Hypercam to take a short video.
This might be an XP specific issue relating to the way control sizes are measured.
--Lysdexia