Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire with gattling weapon when deployed - possible?
I just tried to make the Allied GI fire with a gattling gun when it is deployed. I didn't work. I cloned the code from the gattling tank and used AGGattling as Secondary=, removed the anti-air gattlings and tested it. The sound was gone, the GI used AGGattling but he never went to stage 2 or 3, I guess YR just ignored the gattling tags. It seems like the secondary and primary tags from the Gattling tank code just determine IF it can fire on land and air units, I guess like these tags are not used to fire the weapon, the game uses the gattling stuff instead...

Maybe someone knows a workaround for my idea?

PS: Maybe I just don't know that the gattling stuff doesn't work on infantry at all?

//Edit: Spelling mistake
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Gattling guns don't work on infantry. You need to use a vehicle.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Nighthawk200 Wrote:Gattling guns don't work on infantry. You need to use a vehicle.

Damn. I knew it. Thank you.
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Using a weapon with Burst= and increasing BurstDelayN=s should provide a (very bad and inaccurate) replication of a gattling gun weapon on infantry.
Are you sure BurstDelay is valid? It's not on ModEnc, but it is on the RockPatch wishlist...
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.