Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Started modding yesterday need lots of help
Alright ive had ra2 for a long time and ive mostly just played it and downloaded some mods ive just gotten into making my own mods ive downloaded all of the xxc utilities and stuff i  need and ive tried to add new units and buildings but so far ive had no luck. i added all of the names and info to the rules and art ini files and put them in expandmd file and all of my vxl. shp. and hva. file into ecache file and ive tried to make a csf file but im not 100 percent sure on how to do that and everytime i try to play with the new units i make i get internal error message. all of the tutorials i find dont really explain any stuff that would help someone like me that has absolutely no knowledge of modding. i figure if i can get some simple stuff down like making units then i can figure out more complicated thing from there. so can anyone please help make some new units and get them in my game and working thanks
Try creating new units by copy-pasting and modifying existing ones.
Also, RA2 does not use the -md suffix, YR does.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.