Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Downloads Available
How's it going everyone? It's been almost half a year since the last update, when Whiteboy's Rules 1.5 (preview edition) was released. It's faring very well, as evidenced by the number of downloads and positive remarks, and the sheer lack of complaints/bug reports/death threats I've received. For that, I'm happy and I thank you, the community Smile

A final release is planned, with barely any changes over the preview edition - as the preview edition was intended to be "final" anyway. The changes will be a full proper "user manual" with pretty pictures, and perhaps the odd mod edit here and there, or other additions after I'm done playing C&C3. The list of bugfixes is very small and will be worked on, but most are so minor that you wouldn't notice without studying the mod, as I have Tongue 2

The main reason this newspost exists however is the announcement of new downloads available in the Downloads section. I have added official updates to Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2, as well as the official map editors for both games. I have also added a mod called Tiberian Sun NewEra 2000 that is lots of fun to play - so head over there to find out what the fuss is all about, then post about it on the Gaming Forums! Big Grin

Asking in my function as a host: Have you secured permission from TheMatze that you are allowed to host the map editors?

Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
DCoder informs me that only RA2/YR version 1.02 needs permission. I am using 1.01, which according to him is free to distribute as it's official Westwood stuff. If either of them are not free to distribute, I will take them down immediately and seek Matze's permission, after which I will spank DCoder with a large smelly trout.

Ah, ok...that wasn't in your original post.

Although that leads to the question of why you are offering outdated versions to your users? Tongue 2

Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Because I hate them and ...er, good question. I'm waiting for a response right now from Matthias himself, I really hope he's still active so I can offer the latest one... I guess they could always get it ....elsewhere... '>_>

We'll see. I wonder how many downloads the files I uploaded will get. The big reason I put them up is due to the rather large (171) number of downloads for the YR update, which surprised me since that update is available form so many other places.