Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harpy helicopter doesn't shoot...
Question 
Hi all.

I have a problem with my helicopter unit. It is basically harpy from Tiberian Sun. Only few things changed.

Problem is, that the helicopter doesn't fire. It just flies around it's target, chancing positions. Bang head against wall

Here are the codes:

; Nod Apache Chopper
[APACHE]
UIName=Name:APACHE
Name=Harpy V.2
Prerequisite=TSNACNST
Primary=TSHarpyClaw
ElitePrimary=TSHarpyClawE
Secondary=HornetCollision
Strength=250 ;225
Category=AirPower
Armor=light
TechLevel=3
Sight=8
RadarInvisible=yes
Landable=yes
MoveToShroud=yes
Dock=GAAIRC,AMRADR,TSNAHPAD,YAAIRPAD,NAHELIPAD
PitchSpeed=.9
PitchAngle=0
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
Cost=1000
Points=20
ROT=5
Ammo=12
Crewed=no
GuardRange=30
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=2
VoiceSelect=tsorcaselec
VoiceMove=tsorcamove
VoiceAttack=tsorcaattack
DieSound=
MoveSound=BlackOpsMoveLoop;MoveSound=IntruderMoveLoop
CrashingSound=IntruderDie
ImpactLandSound=GenAircraftCrash
Locomotor={4A582746-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Fly; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
ThreatPosed=15
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
DeathWeapon=BlimpBombAC; If I ever need to land and there are no airports I crash because I can only land on them
AirportBound=yes
Parasiteable=no
AIBuildThis=yes
IsSimpleDeployer=no
DeployFire=no
DeployToLand=yes
SelfHealing=yes
Sensors=yes
SensorSight=8
ConsideredAircraft=yes

Weapon:

;TS Harpy Vulcan Cannon
[TSHarpyClaw]
Damage=75 ;60
ROF=36
Range=5
Projectile=Invisible
Speed=100
Warhead=SA
Report=CYGUN1

I am not an expert modder, so please help me!
I know AG defaults to yes, but I'd still try picking a "real" projectile instead of the two-line invisible one. I may be blind, but that's the only thing I can think of.
Are you sure the 'copter doesn't shoot? It is an invisible projectile after all. Have you tried killing light infantry with it?

You can also try adding Ammo to it. Rumor has it AircraftTypes need that for their guns to work, although mine always worked without it.

Oh, and take out
IsSimpleDeployer=no
DeployFire=no
DeployToLand=yes
...totally useless and only confusing yourself and others Wink
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Actually, those three are needed to make its rotors spin when it's idle. Otherwise, a copter hovering in one spot (very obvious with non-landables) will not move the rotors and in turn look silly.
This hack also gives it a deploy cursor, but nothing happens when you click it.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
God...the hacks people use *shakes head*
I prefer the turret method.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Turret method is annoying if unit does not use turret by default and obviously primary FLH, firing issues with a spinning turret. The deploy feature can be used to make a helicopter manually land for repairing by IFV units/crate collection though.

You are missing a OmniFire=yes from your weapon like the BlackHawkCannon does .. it means the unit can fire at units when facing opposite direction but only way to solve such issue, even the siege chopper MG uses that weapon.
Question 
Thank u for good advices people! Smile

I made some research:

- Actually sometimes the chopper fires ONE time @ the target, then no more...
- I gave it the old Banshees weapon, worked fine
- I changed the chopper's projectile, no effect
----

So, maybe RA2 just does not support "chopper type" weapons anymore. Only "flyby" weapons, like the Banshee, Harriet, etc. has. Confused

Any ideas how I could recreate the old Harpy's weapon to be as close as possible to the orginal?
Guest Wrote:- Actually sometimes the chopper fires ONE time @ the target, then no more...

I have noticed that jumpjet units do this (or something similar) when fiddling with the jumpjet controls. The exact cause is unknown at this point. Sorry for not being much help, I haven't touched an INI in months..
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
Actually, I'm pretty sure AG is right with OmniFire.
And the firing happens if the target is straight ahead, 'cause it means th chopper is aiming right at it.
Forum Rules

Also don't use SelfHealing on AircraftTypes, wierd immunity issues when dying ...

Also this "helicopter" is just a AircraftType with TS nod image so no need for those deploy tags

I would try messing around with the ROF, make it a lot lower, I guess RA2 aircrafttypes behave in a different manner.
Thx again! Smile

Well, I modified the weapon. I gave the Harpy's weapon a different projectile, same as Banshee's "green ball". Actually I cloned it and removed the "Image=" tag from it. Smile
So, now no green balls and everything is nice. The helicopter shoots "flyby -style", but that's ok. I think this is as close I can get. Smile

There is only one problem thought, sometimes helicopter turns too fast and doesn't shoot at the target when flies by...Is there a solution to this? Confused
Oh.. I didn't realize that your unit was an AircraftType. I thought it was a Jumpjet UnitType (helicopter). Just disregard what I said..
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
No problem. Wink

I just wish that somebody would have a solution to the problem. (Helicopter not always shooting after the first flyby)
O m n i F i r e
Forum Rules

a Bit better results with that one. Smile

Does not remove the problem complterly though...It just seems that the weapon is not ready when the chopper turns and makes another flyby. Arf