Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to read scenario error in Skirmish
Using Rock Patch 1.08SE Revision #0035.
I've been getting 'Unable to read scenario' errors in Skirmish games today. Whenever I select any country belonging to ThirdSide (4 for me) as my house, the game has an 'Unable to read scenario' error halfway through loading, the original Yuri house had an Internal Error when I clicked 'Start Game'. Oddly enough though, I am still able to play against them. I only just copied my mod over to this computer a couple of days ago. Since then all I have done is changed a few cameos and swapped the art of two units, one was an Allied unit, one was a Fourth side unit.

I only though the scenario errors occured in campaigns when someone's messed up the mission progression. This seems to happen on any map whenever I choose a Yuri faction as my own country, not if I make it an AI player, and the AI does work normally with them. All of the other countries in my mod are working though. I ran the rules file through INI checker, and aside from the usual errors caused by new countries, there was nothing that wasn't there before. The MCVs and Yuri starting units all have the correct countries in their Owner tags, and all have AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=true.
Shall I upload the except.txt from that IE?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: And, yes, the CSF strings are all there that need to be there.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
what order are your countries on the countries list?
The original countries are still all in the same order, then the new Allied countries, then new Soviet countries, then the new Yuri countries, then the Fourth side country, then GDI, Nod, Neutral and Special.
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.
I thought pd noted that GDI and Nod should come as the last two entries. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm almost certain I saw that somewhere.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
Neutral and Special always came last in the unedited list, with GDI and Nod beforehand, so I left it the way it was. It worked perfectly until I transferred it over. All the files are there, I checked it with the old version on my other computer.
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.
let me see your list.
Quote:Shall I upload the except.txt from that IE?
yes.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

The Scenario error has been solved, it turns out I'd forgotten to copy sidec03.mix from my old computer, stupid me. Do you still want that except.txt?
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.
You could post that EIP value or whatever it was, so we have one more archived.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Ok:
Except.txt Wrote:Eip:BA7168A3
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.
Quote:You could post that EIP value or whatever it was, so we have one more archived.
No, Eip:BA7168A3 is bad Unhappy
EIP must be in range 00410000 - 00D00000 Smile
any other eip is outside a file
-> so it means what it random.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

So it was a problem with one of my own files then? Or just a random IE?

Edit: Either way, I haven't seen it since restoring sidec03.mix
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.