Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common(?) XCC Mod Launcher problem
I have no idea just how widespread this problem actually is, but it's a problem that's happened withme so often that I'd almost forgotten to attempt to solve it...

When using XCC Mod Creator/Launcher to create an .exe file for your mod, YR freezes when actually trying to use that .exe file. This only happens once for every time you start your PC. I start my launcher, click play WR, but when YR is launched it just freezes and I have to end task on the game and then close the mod launcher. After that, the error doesn't happen again until I restart...

I've searched XCCU forums to no avail. If it comes to it, I'll have to register and post there, now we don't want THAT, do we?

Is there any solution to this? You'd think Olaf would have updated the program by now if it's a widespread problem.
I never had that problem on my W98 SE desktop PC, but always had it on the WXP laptop. I tried all three compression options, no difference.

First post in 2007 Big Grin
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
A friend of mine has that same problem on WinXP (not sure if he's using Pro or Home).
I don't have the problem on WinME.

Are we sure it's an issue with XCCMC/L and not YR loading mods in general?
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Yes. Because iirc, even the frozen XCML has unpacked the necessary files to then kill everything and launch YR with mod through the normal shortcut. Also, it only ever happens the first time you try to launch through XCML - not the first time you try to start YR.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Hmm... Well maybe Launch Base won't have the same problem.
--Lysdexia

Try to install RockPatch and add -log key to command line.
or run game with -WIN key.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

WB I have exactly the same problem with 1 of my 3 PCs. All of my PCs use almost the same software so it must be something hardware/driver related.

I have never looked into this problem but the specs of the PC that has this problem is:
1800+ Athlon
Geforce4ti 4200
standard old Sound Blaster Live!

I am not sure but I remember a day that I was testing something with sound, I used the on-board sound instead of SoundBlaster live! and the launching problem dissappeared. I may be wrong but I think that this problem has something to do with sound drivers. After all, the SB live! drivers are really old.
Red Alert 2 Uluchshenny Mod for Yuri's Revenge
Download at tsactuo.googlepages.com
While there is one on the way to me, neither of my computers currently uses a Sound Blaster card.
Forum Rules

I have a sound blaster live platinum.

So are you suggesting that the problem is XCCMC/L combined with a specific sound card AND only on the first launch?
--Lysdexia

The pc that had the problem is now out of order so I can't test it. Try using onboard sound to if this is true. If it doesn't work I am wrong on that.
Red Alert 2 Uluchshenny Mod for Yuri's Revenge
Download at tsactuo.googlepages.com
Happens to me (first time I run a mod launcher'd mod each PC boot) - WinXP Home ed., SP2. Realtek Audio
run the created .exe mod launcher using --Activate command (assuming you have the very latest version of mod creator) this silently installs the mod, then exits, you should then be able to run YR normally. R:ROTC installer uses this to create the Audio.bag and Audio.idx files.
Bobingabout Wrote:run the created .exe mod launcher using --Activate command (assuming you have the very latest version of mod creator) this silently installs the mod, then exits, you should then be able to run YR normally. R:ROTC installer uses this to create the Audio.bag and Audio.idx files.
That's a neat trick...although it sounds like an overkill. Having a Mod Launcher inside an installer, but not giving users the possibilities of the launcher?
Forum Rules

i'd have used something else to make the bag file, but nothing else was available (infact olaf added the --activate tag because i requested it), and at the time, after transfering the mod between PCs for a few while, all i had left was the compiled mix files, lacking a method to mass extract everything, i decided to go with installer, which was also for many other reasons.
Marshall Wrote:I have a sound blaster live platinum.

So are you suggesting that the problem is XCCMC/L combined with a specific sound card AND only on the first launch?
Nope. Can't be. I have onboard sound on my XP box and it does the same thing. Fucked on the initial try but I kill it, try again and it works. Annoying but nothing to really worry about to be honest.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.