Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with garrisoned snipers.
I'm kind of new to all of this, as I've never touched RA2/YR mods up until a week ago, when I found my old ra2/yr cds again.
Anyways, I'm trying to tweak so that infantry such as snipers, tesla troopers, flak troopers, etc (but not rocketeers/heroes/Yuri/ivan/terrorist, of course) can occupy buildings and fire their own specific weapon.

My problem is that snipers, when garrisoned, lose almost all of their range. They need to wait until the enemy is practically on top of them, which defeats the purpose of having a sniper.

I've googled it, searched these forums, and several others. (Including DeeZire's forums, after browsing which I found a thread saying all the pros came here. Tongue) But, I can't find anything that will help. (DeeZire's mod said it would let snipers fire from within buildings but there is the same range issue.)

I'm probably answering my own question, but the only thing I've been able to find in rulesmd that might be causing this is OccupyWeaponRange=5
Is this overruling the weapon range of the snipers? And if so, is there any way around it that won't break anything?
when inside a building, the people inside take turns to fire, and if 1 is unable to fire, they all stop firing. the units inside the building don't actually fire, but the building itself, therefore the building itself needs a range.

there are 2 reasons why you have a range of 5. incase you didn't get them:
1. unit take turns to fire, different ranges causes the building to stop firing.
2. the building fires the UC weapon, not the unit inside the building.
Guess I'll have to give up on garrisoned snipers (cuz I sure as hell don't want to live with the reduced range).
Thanks for the explanation, it's appreciated.
Welcome Tongue As you see, the thread that said all the pros come here nowadays was correct Smile

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
One more hint: If you are unsure about what a flag does, you can look it up at ModEnc; see?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
[CombatDamage]
OccupyWeaponRange=5 ;This is the overall situation control.
Quit re-opening dead threads.

Administrative Notice:

Locked.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.