Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cluster Missile & Airstrike and AI with Transports.
Question 
Hello all!

I asked some help with the Cluster Missile in Deezire's forum, but then I was "redirected" in here. As I was reading some of this forum's threads, I think it is true, all u pro modders r here. Smile
In rating 1 to 5 (5 = PRO modder) I think I am like 2 or 2,5, so would appreciate if u can bear with me. Big Grin 2

So, this is what I posted in Deezire's forum:

I felt like adding few superweapons to the game and I used the Deezire's Cluster Missile (thx for the good tutorial! Happy ) with RP's FireAtSpecial.

So now I have a building, which fires the Cluster Missile, almost as it would be a "real SW".

1) One problem though, I don't know how to change the Cluster Missile's damage... Only [V3Airburst] has the damage flag, but like the tutorial said, that damage does not affect the real damage of the weapon...

2 ) And one another question. I made Spyplane clone (RP) and mod it that now it is an Airstrike. I would like the AS planes to drop a bomb. But the bomb is not always dropped and sometimes the planes miss their target pretty badly... Is there a way to make the bombs accurate?
- - -
And few more questions... Wink

3) I have modded the RA2 AI quite much to be honest. And I usually get almost everything working the way I like. But one thing still buggers me.
I have a taskforce with one APC type of unit and 5 passengers (Engineer)
About 50% of the times AI uses this, it loads the passengers in, but then immediately unloads the passengers and sends the passengers to do their script without the transport. Bang head against wall

This is something what makes me so frustrated.... Crying
Is there a way to solve this? Do other people experience this aswell? Arf

This is the taskforces script:

0=14,0 ;Load onto transport
1=43,0 ;Wait until fully loaded
2=47,0 ;Move to enemy Allied Power Plant (tesla reactor, bio reactor, etc)
3=8,2 ;Unload transport
4=49,0 ;Repeat until success
5=0,2 ;Attack structures
6=49,0 ;Repeat until success

Thanks in advance guys. Smile

- EmpirioN
3)
2=47,0 ;Move to enemy Allied Power Plant (tesla reactor, bio reactor, etc)
Not "Tesla Reactor, Bio Reactor, etc" - Allied Power Plant only.
If the AI's chosen enemy does not have an Allied Power Plant, then the AI will skip that script action.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Oh, that was my bad example of "there is more scripts exacty like this one, except the building where taskforce should move to, changes. Wink Thx anyway. Big Grin
1) DZ's tutorial weapon (V3Airburst) spawns V3Cluster as the cluster weapon. That is the weapon you need to edit.

2) Show us the code for the plane and its weapons with all related shebang.

3) Like Marshall said, it seems that the AI's selected enemy house does not have that particular building. So the AI skips that action. You could script the AI to Load, Move to Enemy GAPOWR, Move to Enemy NAPOWR, Move to Enemy YAPOWR, then Unload. Any house should have at least one of those. Or you could make sure that the trigger condition firing this taskforce checks whether the enemy possesses any powerplants.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
1) Thank u! Now the Cluster Missile damage is the way I like it. Smile

2) I am testing the Airstrike with the Kirov bomb weapon (I want it to be quite similar), so this is the weapon:

Damage=250
Burst=1
ROF=50
Range=1.5
CellRangefinding=yes
Projectile=BlimpBombP
Speed=20
Warhead=BlimpHE
Report=KirovAttack
OmniFire=yes

3) Oh yes, sorry for my bad english skill. Big Grin 2

I will change the scripts right a way and report the results. Wink
Don't use weapons from jumpjets (VehicleTypes) on AircraftTypes, it doesn't work that well. Use the relic [Bomb] instead.

Ok, good to know. Smile I will tery the [Bomb].

BTW, one AI question again.

There is no reason y this would't work, or...?

[0A669118-G]
Name=SW destroyer team
0=54,0 ;Regroup
1=46,29 ;Attack enemy Allied Weather Controller
2=46,54 ;Attack enemy Soviet Nuclear Missile Silo
3=46,315 ;Attack enemy Yuri Puppet Master
4=46,442 ;Attack enemy Ion Cannon Uplink
5=46,449 ;Attack enemy Nod Pyramid
- - -

If this would work, there won't be need to make 5 different scripts and teamtypes just because I want the AI to attack in aany of those. (?) Taskforce is regular tanks. Actually cloakable tanks, but anyway. Smile
It is an interesting question. If this does work then there's no need to have three different scripts/teamtypes/triggers just to cover all three enemy sides' buildings - but Westwood still have multiples... why?
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
...they're Westwood?

Wouldn't be the first time their code doesn't make sense...
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
It worked for Cannis with Tech Centres, so yes it will work. However, I have a feeling that if OnlyTargetHouseEnemy is set to no, then they will jump from one enemy base to the other, which is, well, not that smart. Also, if you use that stuff for something else than Attack, such as Move To, it will be a big flop when the target has more than one of those listed BuildingTypes.

That's probably why Westwood had multiples, as failsafes to stop that happening.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
The transport thing worked!! Smile Well, atleast in most cases. Smile Now 80% of times AI uses the "move to enemy x" containing script, it wont't kick the passengers out. Wink I don't know y it does it sometimes, though.
But thx to u to guys for solving this. Smile

And yes, also the scipt in my earlier post seems to work! Smile Atleast Weather Controller and Nuke Silo was attacked by AI with this script. So I think it works perfectly. This is nice, no need to do 5 different scripts and teamtypes, menining 5 times LESS work! Wink

There is some thing that I would need some advice. When I have played other mods and destroyed the AI's C-Yard, the AI quickly builds the MCV and revives it's C-Yard. I have tried to make the AI of mine to do this as well as possible, but very rarely they build the MCV... Crying

I have tried "Priority=" between 1 to 50 and "Trigger Priorities" values between 5000-5000000...but no. :/ Is there some thing I do not know...? o_O