Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Land Characteristics
This is the first time I've noticed this, but speed variations for Land Characteristics don't seem to work properly. Most things seem to be limited to either accessible or inaccessible.

Does anyone have information on this?
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
Uh, vehicles slow down over Ore significantly... They do work, only percentages >100 are chopped down to 100.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Does it only work for vehicles or infantry as well?
it works with anything that has a SpeedType, so with any object in the game.
Infantry should always have SpeedType=Foot, so change the Foot value and you got it.

check http://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/SpeedType for more info

(it's written there that InfantryTypes default to FLOAT, error by myself? please somebody check that..)
[Image: jsfml.png]
Thanks for the information. I might do some more testing with it later tonight.
Code:
[Clear]
Foot=10%

[Rough]
Foot=10%

[Road]
Foot=100%

In theory, this should slow down infantry CONSIDERABLY when moving on clear or rough terrain, while infantry moving on areas of pavement will move at full speed.

The attachment shows the results of the test.

By the way, pd, Float is definately a typo. Infantry do indeed default to SpeedType=Foot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
*looks at his clock*

*taps his foot*

*sighs and fixes it himself*
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Just out of interest, how do you know that the type of terrain was really rough. This is set by a byte in the tile file or by an entry in overlay. The most reliable way to test is to make an invisible overlay of a certain terrain type and place it over a bit of the map you want to test. You can override the normal terrain type of any tile doing that too as mentioned in the modenc article. It may well be that the terrain type specified in the tile doesn't work as it should or doesn't correctly refer to rough.
Well beforehand I made sure which terrain types were which by setting individual ones to Foot=0%. Then I would be able to confirm that the terrain types were set correctly because my infantry would not be able to move onto the terrain type with Foot=0%.

I test thoroughly, just in case you didn't know.

So here's the rundown:
> The basic tile is always Clear. In this case, it is the snow tiles.
> Grass and Ice/Sand tiles use Clear as well.
> The pavement tiles use Road.
> The rocky terrain tiles use Rough.

Of course these can all be modified in the tile's .tmp file, but in my test the terrain types were not modified.
The Service Depot / War factory bibs ( and the inside of the factory, when the unit comes out )... are considered Clear, or the same as the ground below the building ?
That's a crazy question.. I'll try to find out for you.
Okay! I did some additional testing and found out some revealing information (not that anyone here cares).

First, I'd like to answer Baraka's question. The inside of the war factory as well as any structural bibs are, as far as i can tell, not ANY land type. They are therefore always passable with no speed modifications (as far as i can tell).

Next, with additional testing I have concluded that the land speed modifications work for vehicles, but NOT for infantry. Infantry will always move over any terrain type at 100% speed.