Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple non-conflicting mods
I wonder if we are still 3 days away from that DLL or if the gap has closed any Smile
according to inside information, he'll work on it as soon as he completes his current "secret" project... so, no, i doubt it is any less than the previously stated 3 days worth of work remaining.
Update:
The Mod Catalogue is implemented. This is a new option on the Tools menu. A window will open and display a list of all known Launch Base mods (this list is downloaded from the Internet each time you open the Mod Catalogue). The list will show you mod name, type, author and a brief description, as well as a hyperlink to the mod's website.
See attached image.
The catalogue will get updated whenever an author advises me of a new release.

The previously mentioned 'Catalogue Mods' are slightly different, in that they actually show up in the main mods list and can be updated using the Check For Updates facility. Launch Base will ship with a few of these (such as YR Map Packs, YR Playlist Manager (YRPM2), and the Terrain Expansion).

DCoder informs me that work on the DLL is progressing. In light of this, a preliminary beta test of Launch Base and LBMC will soon begin. The first wave of testing will take place without the DLL, so some functionality will not be available. Details of the beta test will be released soon.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Wouldn't it be easier if you did it apt-get style, and provided an "install" button right away, rather than just listing mods?

And, what if you start the catalogue, but a connection to the 'net is not possible?
What if it *is* possible, but unwanted? (e.g. a dial-up user with dial-up on request set up, where the application would unexpectedly and unwantedly trigger an internet connection that costs money)
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Renegade Wrote:Wouldn't it be easier if you did it apt-get style, and provided an "install" button right away, rather than just listing mods?
I could add another field to the catalogue that would allow the user to download an installer for the mod in question. This would be a bit more work and I figured that the list doesn't provide enough info by itself for a user to decide if they want the mod. It was really just a way for authors to grab attention and provide users with quick access to new Launch Base-enabled stuff without having to search the net.

Renegade Wrote:And, what if you start the catalogue, but a connection to the 'net is not possible...
When starting the catalogue, Launch Base will check if there is an internet connection already open - if there is then the catalogue will be updated. If not, then a warning will be displayed and the existing catalogue file (if any) used instead.
--Lysdexia

Will there be an update mod option, where LB checks whether there is an update, and if so downloads it, replaces the specific file in the mod with the newer version, and inserts a new version number, so you don't end up doing double updates?
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The Check For Updates facility will download either an 'update-only' installer or the full installer for a mod, depending on what version of a mod is already installed. These installers are stand-alone - the Check For Updates Facility just downloads and runs them.
The installers will update the neccessary files and the installed version number, and then restart Launch Base.
--Lysdexia

If you are interested in participating in the preliminary beta test then please let me know via PM with a bit of info about your position in YR (i.e. modder/player/etc and what you generally do when it comes to mods). I will soon be PM'ing folks a link to the beta test download.
--Lysdexia

Could someone explaion what this topic is about(short). What is DCoder and Marshall creating?
Saving some time.
Launch Base
Launching platform for RA2/YR. Launch Base lets you choose from installed mods and launch one. Handles all files automatcally so that there are no conflicts.
Also handles plugins (Terrain Expansion, RockPatch, etc), and modding tools.
Automatically organises save games, screenshots and scripted IPB videos. Has an online check for updates facility. Numerous options can be customised.

Launch Base Mod Creator
Helps mod authors to create executable installers for their mods so that they can be installed into Launch Base quickly and easily.

DCoder is working on an important DLL file which is needed by Launch Base to handle some of the mod compiling. There is a page on ModEnc which includes a description of Launch Base and a screenshot. The beta test of Launch Base and LBMC is currently in progress (there is another thread in this forum for that). Public release is mostly just waiting for the completion and testing of DCoder's DLL.
--Lysdexia

Few additions:
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Well, I see this topic is older, I skimmed over most of the posts and probably shouldn't give my 2 cents worth, but I am Polish & Lithuanian so that makes stubborn.....What if you made a load screen like T F D and you could pick with mod you want to play. Make it simple enough so people can edit it adding new mods to the rotation. People would have to use the mod creator so every mods rules/art/ai files would be read. Have I repeated something already said? If not does my 2 cents have any validity? One note when I put T.F.D as one it posts as The F*****g * DVD
Eh, and how is that idea different from Launch Base?

And yes, that TFD thing is intentional.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Niks idea reduces the act of mod launching from two clicks to one. Is that really worth it?
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Actually the idea is mine. I have a few mods downloaded that are worth while in keeping around. I was trying to take the idea of TFD loader and create a way to enable whatever mod I wanted with 1 click as you put it. So far the project isn't working out as I hoped. I have examined the material inside each of the mod launchers and am trying to figure something out.