Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple non-conflicting mods
New feature:
In Check For Updates, if a mod has specified in their update check file a url to a change log, said change log can be downloaded and viewed before downloading the update itself.

Attached is a zip file with all you should need to create a skin.

Attached Files
.zip   Less than 1 minute ago">skin1.zip (Size: 62.01 KB / Downloads: 389)
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
New feature:
If you have an active internet connection a Broadcast message will be downloaded and displayed (if it's a new message). This will help me to put out important messages/warnings. Can be disabled in Options.

I am really really close to putting Launch Base out for beta testing, I just need to integrate DCoder's DLL and add the ability for Launch Base to patch FA2's marble.mix in the case of the TX.

Whilst beta testing begins I will finish work on the Mod Creator and start making available some mod/plugin installers.

Any word on the DLL DCoder?
--Lysdexia

how close is this to testing? i want to experiement making a launch base compatible R:ROTC installer. i'd also like information on how to use DCoders DLL to be able to make upgrade packages.
Right now, I'm just waiting on info about the DLL and the DLL itself in order to complete the coding of Launch Base.
Launch Base Mod Creator needs a few things doing here and there and, again, the DLL in order for that to be finished.
Then I'll do some basic testing of my own and create the first wave of installers:
Plugins:
RockPatch (already done)
TX
YR Map Packs
Soundtracks
Assault Map Packs (pending CannisRabidus' permission)
Mods:
UMP
PA8 (internal at first)

Once I have created and tested those LB will be released to private beta (please contact me via PM or E-Mail if you wish to be included in the beta test).

The first release of LB Mod Creator will probably not include the ability to make update-only installers, however this facility is planned for subsequent versions.
--Lysdexia

Yo, Marsh. I made a skin, but I obviously cannot see it in action to say how it looks Tongue

I'm also not quite sure which parts of the window are static and which aren't, and my .bmps aren't indexed, but full color.

If the Launch Base can still handle it, could you make some screenshots with the skin, to let me see how it turned out? Thank you.

Attached Files
.rar   Less than 1 minute ago">ren_glass.rar (Size: 70.53 KB / Downloads: 394)
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Nice. Images can be full color or indexed so that's okay.
The only thing missing from your skin is the frame/tab labels.

Attached are some screen shots that should show off everything.
--Lysdexia

Ah, so the headlines are part of the image? *opens photoshop*
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Yes, sorry I didn't make that clear. I thought that having the text in the skin would allow for more diverse/graphical texts.
--Lysdexia

It does Big Grin
Could you do another set of screenshots, so I can see if it's fine now?

And I hope it was you saving the screenshot and not the program butchering my background gradient...Lift eyebrow

Attached Files
.rar   Less than 1 minute ago">ren_glass.rar (Size: 96.72 KB / Downloads: 396)
Forum Rules

Renegade Wrote:And I hope it was you saving the screenshot and not the program butchering my background gradient...Lift eyebrow

The "tab*.bmp" images in your .rar contain a black background - that is how Launch Base displays it and also how Paint Shop Pro 4.15SE displays it.
Possibly an issue with photoshop not saving the gradient?

On another note, I have revamped the Check For Updates form. See attached images.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   

.zip   Less than 1 minute ago">ren_shots2.zip (Size: 92.93 KB / Downloads: 379)
--Lysdexia

Marshall Wrote:The "tab*.bmp" images in your .rar contain a black background - that is how Launch Base displays it and also how Paint Shop Pro 4.15SE displays it.
Possibly an issue with photoshop not saving the gradient?
I was referring to the background gradients of the panels...they're reduced to six colors in your screenshots. They're fugly.
Hence my hope it's just you having an unhealthy habit of saving stuff as 256 colors, and not Launch Base auto color-reducing it.

Marshall Wrote:On another note, I have revamped the Check For Updates form. See attached images.
Looks good.

btw, if Windows Grey 1 is my only competition, I vote for making my skin the default one Big Grin
It's prettier, and at least sports a YR sign. Tongue
Forum Rules

I see what you mean now, Renegade. Looks like the program is auto-reducing to 256 colours. >>:-(
Attached to this post is my own reduction using error diffusion instead. Would that be acceptable?
tab3a = error diffusion
tab3b = error diffusion, reduced colour bleeding

Currently we have
Windows Grey 1 - original design
Windows Grey 2 [default] - DCoder pointed out that Grey 1's tabs, etc were ugly.
Metal Bord Workshop - the green one I showed earlier
Renegade Glass 'N' Metal

I'm inclined to make Renegade's the default, and may even remove Windows Grey 1 altogether.
--Lysdexia

tab3a is better, but I'd prefer full color. Error diffusion always looks grainy.

Edit: I can produce 256 color versions in Photoshop that are of far superior quality than yours. They still suck, but if you insist on using ten-year old graphics technologies Tongue I'd rather have you use versions I produced myself.
Forum Rules

I'm sorry, the only language I know well enough to code a complete program in is VB. I've just found out that the method I'm using only supports upto 256 colors. I've been searching for alternative methods to allow true color but haven't found any yet. Having true color skins is also not top priority.

If you can convert to 256 it would be most appreciated. Again, I apologise for this limitation.
--Lysdexia

*mumblemumble*outdated technology*mumble*

Attached Files
.rar   Less than 1 minute ago">ren_glass.rar (Size: 55.88 KB / Downloads: 392)
Forum Rules