Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you make a Hijacker?
At first I tried just adding "VehicleThief" to an infantry unit. Then I tried just moving the code for the M. Hijacker from TS, as I did with the jumpjet (and change the image, naturally). The MHijacker still didn't work, so I moved the MHijacker's image over to the conquer.mix within ra2.mix. My hijacker doesn't work.

Is there good code for a hijacker out there?

Also, while I'm here, would it work to combine most, not all, the TS and RA2 files together and essentially have TS/RA2 under one user interface? I know you can't combine some of the code (such as that which controls RA2) but maybe the AI coding, unit coding, and such stuff as that?
Simply visiting the usual suspects would help Preach
And it really is that simple, I did it before.

And for the second question: You basically have it right there. You can use a lot of stuff from TS, including most units and the AI, but you cannot have a joint TS/RA2 - at least not fully functional.
btw, there are already one or two mods doing that.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
copy and past from my rules.ini

Working hijacker

[HIJACKER]
UIName=Name:HIJACKER
Name=Vehicle Thief
Primary=CLINTGUN
Secondary=BetterScanner
ElitePrimary=CLINTGUNE
Category=Soldier
Prerequisite=BARRACKS,GAWEAP,GATECH
CrushSound=InfantrySquish
VehicleThief=yes
Thief=yes
Strength=120
BombSight=4
Pip=white
OccupyPip=PersonGreen
Armor=plate
TechLevel=6
Sight=5
Speed=4
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
Cost=700
Soylent=350
Points=30
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=SealSelect
VoiceMove=SealMove
VoiceAttack=SealAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
VoiceSpecialAttack=SealSpecialAttack
DieSound=SealDie
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
ThreatPosed=50
SpecialThreatValue=1
ImmuneToVeins=yes
ImmuneToPsionics=no
Bombable=yes
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,FASTER
Size=1
Crushable=no
IFVMode=2
DefaultToGuardArea=yes
GuardRange=10
CanPassiveAquire=yes
Explodes=yes

[BetterScanner]
Damage=1
Range=10
NeverUse=yes
Projectile=InvisibleAll
Warhead=SA
Speed=100

[CLINTGUN]
Damage=125
ROF=10
Range=6
Projectile=InvisibleLow
Speed=100
Warhead=HollowPoint
Report=ClintAttack
AssaultAnim=UCBLOOD

[CLINTGUNE]
Damage=125
ROF=10
Range=7
Projectile=InvisibleLow
Speed=100
Warhead=SSA
Report=ClintAttack
AssaultAnim=UCBLOOD
Or to put it simply, just add VehicleThief=yes and Thief=yes to any infantry that is not an engineer, spy or uses C4.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Applying C4 to a vehicle thief actually works though.
actually, its better if they are an engineer or spy, because the theif logic tries to enter buildings aswell, but does nothing if you actually enter it. making the hijacker combined with an engineer or spy makes it actually do something when you enter the building. R:ROTC has 2 hijackers, 1 is an engineer, the other is a spy.
Bobingabout Wrote:actually, its better if they are an engineer or spy, because the theif logic tries to enter buildings aswell, but does nothing if you actually enter it. making the hijacker combined with an engineer or spy makes it actually do something when you enter the building. R:ROTC has 2 hijackers, 1 is an engineer, the other is a spy.

Well actually what bobing is talking about relates to thief logic and refineries i.e. do nothing

The is actually a work around for this but not many people know about it seems Poking

Infiltrate=no on the building will stop thief=yes from entering

This tag does not overide c4=yes or agent=yes and u still can spy, c4 refineries basically.